Newsletter

This has been an exciting week for the SF network. We have several new members, a big hello to all of you and we’ve won an award! The SF network has been awarded an Expat Focus Recommended Website Award.

This is a relatively new initiative on the part of Expat Focus and they plan to bring the very best expatriate websites to the attention of their visitors. Websites are selected based on various criteria, the most important being that they are genuinely useful to anyone moving or living abroad. You can see more here and at the end of the year, they will be holding a poll where members can

vote for expat "Websites of the Year". As a recommended website, SF will automatically be included, so you never know, we might yet win website of the year!

Wendy Wise wants to let you know about four fantastic new courses run by the Circle of Misse, the courses take place in a stunning location on the southern tip of the Loire Valley, close to Thouars. You can choose from a One Day cookery course, a creative weekend, creative writing courses and Painting classes. See http://www.facilitutors.com for more details.

On the subject of awards, SF member Graham Downie had his blog voted "best blog" in the Primelocation property blog awards this year. The blog is called 'A little drop of Cognac' and is a great mix of posts about life in the Charente and property issues. There are so many great blogs being created by SF members that I am going to try to mention one in every newsletter. So if you haven't yet added your blog to the SF blogroll, please do it here

Ok, that's enough from me. Its been a busy week chez nous. I went to Normandy to see family and James attacked the wiring. As a result, we have a sitting room! Now we are off to the Alps so I'm looking forward to seeing some other parts of France and hopefully meeting some more SF members.

Have a great week!

Catharine x