Nick Handycock

Who cares ?

I definitely would have given her one too….

(but not at the same time of course…)

That’s really not a pleasant thing to say, Peter.

5 Likes

I was thinking about an egg box actually.

Best quote from the piece from Ian Blackford “A fish rots from its head - so does this UK Government.” - almost as good as his “shiver” quote about the Labour Front Bench…

I think his resignation answers your question. You can’t tell people to do one thing with regard to social distancing - and then do exactly the opposite.
Boris Johnson didn’t want to sack him because now Hancock has gone, Johnson has to carry the can for any miscalculations, errors, that come up in the enquiry.
It’s a difficult job and I have some sympathy but at the end of the day what a Government does has for the most part to be believed by the electorate and this yardstick is being blatantly ignored

Certainly that’s the form at the moment!

Long live the next false, fake, lieing, sanctimonious hypocrite!

Interesting…
Which is correct? lieing or lying

Exactly, all convenient for diverting attention from the blond buffoon

1 Like

I just wonder if Javid’s tenure at Health will fit in the same definition of insanity that was a feature of his tenure as Chancellor :thinking:
Javid’s Budget Rule […] Definition of Insanity

Johnson can’t or rather couldn’t sack Hancock as it would then beg askance as to why he did not sack Hancock previously - or Patel, Jenrick, and the half of the cabinet who have, at one time or another, broken the ministerial code.

The affair itself is a bit of a red herring TBH, the social distancing is a bit as well though it’s what has sealed his fate.

Given JP Morgan’s enthusiasm for the privatisation of the NHS and Javid’s relationship with them, it looks as if his tenure will be ‘interesting’ (in the Chinese sense).

Javid as health secretary and Harding as chief exec will be the end of the NHS I suspect.

2 Likes

curiouser and curiouser… Oh what a wicked web we weave…
I read that DomCum suggested that Carrie Symonds told Doris to appoint Javid, this seems to confirm that…

Indeed that’s true.
At the moment Parliament is like watching that American series on TV called “Dallas” which was popular at the time in I think the 70s?
It’s a sad reflection that stories like this attract attention rather than all the problems in the world like starvation, slavery, poverty, war and treatment of women.

1 Like

all of which should be on the UK Govt agenda, but sadly isn’t any sort of priority for them. The Conservative record on all those points is particularly unattractive and continues to be so.

Well he is a very unattractive looking man so power must have been the attraction. It is [probably all over now that he has resigned.

They have moved in together causing disruption to their respective families… and a number of kids with an uncertain future.

No accounting for taste or for what goes on in UK

possibly the return of Hancock’s half hour on ClassicFm alongside David Mellor (remember him and the De Sancha debacle?)