Nigel Lawson realises Brexit means losing his own freedom of movement

I have had exceptional service from my ex MEP, Sir Graham Watson, who recognised that the problem I was fighting the french health service applied, not only to me, but to all British retirees living in France.
The British Embassy told me that they didn’t take on cases for individuals.
Sir Graham, the International sectionof the NHS , the EU Commission and myself battled french bureaucracy for two years before the french said that they had not understood the EU regulations.
One of the results of this was that IDS was persuaded to change to a different appendix of the EU health regulations which allowed UK citizens automatic access to the NHS for elective treatment and abolished the six months waiting time for UK returnees to the UK.
Unfortunately, I did not foresee just how important that might be to certain UK retirees who may feel it necessary to return.
Having talked to French friends I have been told that they write to their MEP’s without the same success, not even a reply.
I receive monthly reports from my south west MEP’s on their fight against Brexit and how they are helping their constituencies.
They will be sorely missed.

1 Like

Sorry, have I missed something? Is Farage a member of this site?

4 Likes

There used to be a bit of a north south divide with the use of the word twat. In the south it was considered bad but not that bad ,in the north it wasn’t considered much different to the c word. There was a big hooha several years ago when the tv show The Bill used it pre watershed

1 Like

:thinking::joy: I thought is was a variety of twit… :zipper_mouth_face::thinking::roll_eyes::rofl:

I’ll stick with… plonker… :hugs:

2 Likes

I had a Filipino friend who under the same misconception used it very loudly at work one day. I wouldn’t tell her what it did mean, so she had to go home and ask her daughter

To the pure all things are pure.

2 Likes

I dont think so, but then these days one can never tell. I commented on your use of a certain word. But then not only yourself, it was followed up with much worse by other posters.

Mr Butterworth - allow me to introduce to you some VERY pissed off members of this Forum.

Pissed off and angry as a result of the actions (or inactions?) of persons too numerous to mention from the humble voter to the head of HMG.

Cat’s Forum… Cat’s Rules!

Dont expect the language to be moderated any time soon related to certain subjects or individuals.

6 Likes

Pictures are hung, people are hanged.

[quote=“anon18867529, post:41, topic:24835”]
most of ours cant even speak English

Quite.

3 Likes

Poor old Browning thought it was some bit of a nun’s outfit, like a cowl or surplice or something and used it in a poem. Oops.

Oh if only! That would be so much fun.

2 Likes

Mr Tunnicliffe, note to myself “dont piss off pissed off posters” .

Point taken.

I find it extremely amusing that when I used a certain word relating to the parentage of people living in France and who had voted to Leave there was a huge outcry.
Please can I change my previous post and call them a load of twats?

2 Likes

Ms. Williamson, feel free, as Mr Tunnicliffe stated (Quote): “Dont expect the language to be moderated any time soon related to certain subjects or individuals.” (Unquote). I will certainly be the last one to be or feel to be offended by it. But then i only speak for myself.

Thank you.

1 Like

Maybe he is … lol lol :joy: reading all the comments and laughing :joy: yep he is a twat !! Your comments are having me in stitches :thread: lol

1 Like

La bagarre !!

ten dollars on the big nose guy

I would verry much like to see the downfall of this pompous crook

2 Likes

Along with all the Leave and Be Leave campaign.
If you can watch Channel 4 news tonight.
They have exposed Arron Banks, but they have not finished with the whole spider’s web of rotten dealing.