No more Mr. Nice Guy

Think his type always are.

The saying ā€˜it takes money to make moneyā€™ could well describe JRM and his ilk, coming from his background and with the career connections heā€™s made it would be difficult not to accumulate the wealth that he now has, factor in the marriage to an heiress and the guy canā€™t fail. He is unique though and I like him for that despite his thirst for Brexit, anyone who stands as a Tory candidate in a Scottish constituency in the year Blair swept to power deserves some respect whatever you think of him.

2 Likes

I doubt that ā€˜Gorbals Mickā€™ saw it that way :crazy_face:

He is a twat, I was at Oxford with him. Twat. End of.

10 Likes

He speaks very highly of you though Cat.:grinning:

1 Like

They donā€™t give you a safe seat straght away.
You have to establish some street cred.

Absolutely Cat and repeal The Act of Settlement too.

Of all the current MPā€™s I canā€™t believe JRM is bothered about ā€˜street credā€™.:wink:

No, but you have to establish that with Central Office so that you are kept on the official list of candidates.

I did see Farage rather amusingly described as the turd that cannot be flushed.

5 Likes

The main thing I canā€™t understand about JRM is his devotion to Catholicism whilst Brexit is very much like a second Reformation. He is prepared to entrust his spiritual life, surely much more important to him than his temporal existence, to the oldest multinational organisation of all.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a very telling point indeed, Tom, and original too. Has anyone else made reference to this apparent intellectual inconsistency, or are you itā€™s only author?

Depends on the sort of ā€˜streetā€™ I suppose? Canā€™t see too many of the current crop doing much ā€˜on the groundā€™ but then again the old ā€˜forelock tuggingā€™ doesnā€™t seem to have left the English psyche does it?
'eā€™s a Toff inne? still seems well and truly in place.

Spot on Mandy! A classic example is this guy Ghosn ex-Renault chief. Massive (and deservedly so in my opinion for what he did with Renault and Datsun) of what? ā‚¬15 MILLION a year? Still fiddles his expenses?
Beggars belief really doesnā€™t it - but I suppose at that level its just a uestion f how many noughts you add to the claims? The Rich really ARE different yā€™know.

1 Like

Talking about the rich ā€¦

Is this such a big deal though, as much of the land couldnā€™t be used by the general population for anything than recreation?

Mogg has the kind of face , supercilious voice and attitude that makes me want to punch him and keep on punching him until my arm drops off. You say heā€™s not bothered about making more money ? HA!! At a conservative (!) estimate, heā€™s made Ā£7M since the vote. And no, Iā€™m not a cloth-cap wearing communist but I absolutely loathe the man. When asked how he would leave the EU, he said ā€œsend them a letter and then just leaveā€ which shows just how much he understands (or cares) just how much the UK and the EU have become intertwined in the last 47 years. I dislike Corbyn, but as a person he is far preferable to Mogg.

Disappointing Catherine. I thought the Forum discouraged personal abuse. There are other and better ways to post an opinion.

1 Like

If youā€™re going to tell someone off maybe try getting their name right!

2 Likes

Personal abuse of network membersā€¦

Last time I looked JRM hadnā€™t signed up.

If you are still ā€˜disappointed ā€˜ please do feel free to express yourself elsewhere.

6 Likes