No other Archers Fans,

I do admire, the fact that the series addresses current social subjects.

I declare my right to remain silent…

1 Like

Bang goes another 300 acres !

My mum is an ardent fan, trouble is Radio 4 gets taken over by cricket and she gets so mad that she cannot follow the ‘story’ .
I know there is Ipod broadcast and all that but she is not computer literate and our internet connection is very poor at times …

1 Like

Exactly, now whos fault is that Brian???, Tom’s not an 'appy bunny :unamused:

I quite like the Croquet, but it is a bummer, I sympathize with Mum, at least, when I was sailing, the Shipping Forecast was not obliterated on LW, by a ‘Googley’, or a ‘Long On’, or an 'LBW:unamused:
Elizibeths kids, me oh my!, now hanky panky with the teacher, Freddie has more probs!!! It was never so complicated, when it started, I was about 6 :thinking:

The Archers was started to help Brits learn about farming and rural life.
It has now turned into a rural Eastenders and is the worse for it.

1 Like

An internet radio is very simple. My Roberts model works just like a MW/FM radio, it just happens to have an internet option as well.
Coincidentally I heard the Archer’s yesterday afternoon for the first time in a long while and was pleased to be able to understand everything that was going on. I imagine that if I watched Coronation Street or Eastenders, two programmes I haven’t seen for a long, long, long, long, long time, I wouldn’t recognise any of the relationships between people or even many of the main characters.

Could you download the episodes for her, or even the omnibus one and then she can listen without disruption?

Which Roberts model do you have David ?

A stream 207. I got it because it is portable although plugged into the mains most of the time.

Got me excited for a minute… I’ve an old Roberts RP26-B … will it still work, I wonder… :relaxed:

I bought a Roberts radio specifically to listen to Radio 4 here, I soon gave up.
Now I listen to the radio on the tv, much easier.

Roberts, the Rolls Royce of radios.

Mine was Father-in-Law’s… I kept it for sentimental reasons… and have just discovered it still works on the VHF frequencies… yippee… :relaxed:

My oldest one just picks up MW - LW so retty useless in France tho’ I can get R4 most of the day. My ‘newer’ model has FM which is handy.
I think it’s time to join the 21st C so i’ll be looking at David’s model.

I think that is because it is pap.
Farming Today is a much better programme.

Get R4 FINE on LW on a wee Sony, on the boat I used to get the shipping forecast down as far as Cap St Vincent on LW.

I used to get R4 shipping forecast well down in the Southern Atlantic Bill, depending on the time of day etc.
I used to pick up the UK coast stations on MW in the Indian Ocean and beyond too due to freak conditions in the ionisphere. I once recall picking up Humber Radio off Brisbane !!

Amazing what atmospherics produce Peter, I heard a PAN PAN at the Mull of Galloway once, originating off the Dutch Coast, on my boats wee VHF set.