Take care of yourselves, Rona will be fine.
Get well soon ![]()
Hope you both recover quickly, Sue.
Reverting back to rubbish collection …In my village it really went High Tech about 5 years ago … Original there was a big plastic bin ..like the one you showed on steroids on a plint at the end of our garden ..very convient for us .. but one winter they removed all those and large cylindrical steel tubes ..more akin to Ballistic missiles in silos were placed around the district . They are about 1.5 m in diameter and possibly 4 metres long ..but only the top 1.5 m conical tops are above ground .. .The menages one has a id card lock but the others are just slots ..paper, verre , recyclable Emballage ..
. Now the spectacular bit is when they want to empty them… . A truck with a extending crane arm , pulls the cylinder vertically upwards full out of the ground and then high enough to clear the ground and also the sides of the collection trailer and then somehow opens the bottom of the cylinder and everything is collected . . Then they are returned .. since I cannot even drive a nail.in straight , the ability to get these to slide back in with very little clearance seems magical …
Bon rétablissement, Sue.
Hope you both recover quickly. Flu is terrible ![]()
And from me too, are you in Chichester now, and confined to the new house? What a shame and I hope it is short lived
Thanks everyone. Feeling pretty sh***y. Such a shame as there are lots of things I’d hoped to do here. At least the house is cosy and the beds are comfortable.
I’m going to see if I can get a dog walker. Rona is one of those dogs who flatly refuses to “go” in the garden, ![]()
Look after yourselves Sue and hubby. Hope you feel better soon.
Love from Rachel and Stuart ![]()
They are called Moloks (m).
Not sure if this is in the correct thread, but what do you folks think of the new format for Strictly. We think it’s absolute and utter crap. Who is the plonker Josh Widdicombe. He’s not funny in any way and is a total embarrassement. It was painful to watch him blunder through the programme. And Johannes is such a disappointment too.
We decided that we will not be watching any more of the series. There are much better things to see. ![]()
They are new to their roles so maybe it will improve as they settle in, that said, sorry Josh you are not the person for that show.
Never seen any of this as dancing is not my thing so it sounds as if I have not missed anything. I have no idea who a lot of the people are on UK TV series these days to be honest. Give me Sci-Fi, Horror or a good thriller any day of the week, even on French TV over reality TV.
Not to be confused with Morloks in The Time Machine
Don’t even want to give them the opportunity I’m afraid. ![]()
I haven’t watched it since it arose out of the ashes of Come Dancing with Peter West but I was surprised to hear that Josh Widdecombe, who I normally consider a reasonable comedian, was involved,
I should clarify my ‘watched’ above, what I have done is glanced in from time to time, mainly just after it started, to confirm my decision not to watch it.
I was highly amused when a respected correspondent (his name will come to me in a moment) bowed out when it looked like he might win, and horrified as I saw the late Ann Widdecombe being dragged around the floor.
The only thing I can think of for such people agreeing to this is, like that Jungle thing, the money covers all shame. ![]()
I only watch the actual dances on catch up of the people I think are interesting. What amazes/impresses me about the show is how non-dancers (like me) can be turned into great dancers. This way watching takes maybe 15 minutes, not 2 hours!
Even people who love the dancing and the frocks ..(eg ..my wife) , are put off by endless inane chatter which never changes from year to year and she gave up viewing years ago.
I don’t think any of the presenters are up to the job, having said that the show has been rubbish for quite some time. I watched this week’s and that’s enough.
Flu is terrible ..and not to be underestimated .. Thinking back I believe I only ever had flu on about 3 occasions in 75 years … . Like everyone else ..plenty of colds and other infections ..but rarely flus … The only one worse is COVID … 1 bout , fortunately after the vaccines ,otherwise I would not be writing . So get well soon and don’t try to do too much too soon ..