Notifications behaving strangely?

I’m getting a strange list of old notifications when I click on my avatar. When I see the usual little blue circle with a number in it against my photo and I look at notifications I expect to see someone has “liked” my wordle answer from this morning - we all “like” each other which is nice. But no, the first thing I’m being shown that I had a “nice reply” at the beginning of August, followed by a “nice topic” plus two replies to a post I put up months ago.
And no sign of the “likes” for Wordle I’ve just got.
Have I inadvertently changed my settings somehow?
Grateful please for some help here. Thanks

1 Like

I noticed the same thing. Didn’t think I’d changed anything on my end. Seeing that I’m not the only one affected makes me feel kinda better :grin:

2 Likes

You are NOT alone… :roll_eyes: I’m just glad to find others in the same pit… :wink:
I’m sure we’ll all get used to finding our way around again… just not right now… (and it’s too darn hot for my brain…)

2 Likes

Looks as though within the new menu that now appears the 3rd option from the top is the most like what we’re used to… But it’s not the default option sadly.

Edit: oh, actually, seems that’s just the ‘likes’. Not sure I like this new method (no pun intended)

I like to stroll through the Muted threads… but they’re hiding behind the bikesheds now, it seems… :roll_eyes: :rofl: :rofl:
I know where they’ve gone to… but I need my bike to get there… :wink:

1 Like

I think mine was showing unread notifications first, whereas previously it simply sorted them by date so unread ones would eventually drop out of view.

I’ve just spent two minutes clicking the various unread ones to clear out the backlog, and now I think it’s showing them by date.

1 Like

I’m seeing the same behaviour. I wonder if the site software has been updated? Perhaps @billybutcher knows something?

1 Like

I saw the same thing yesterday - loads of badges and things from years ago. I clicked on them all and now things seem to be back to normal (I think)

1 Like

I asked James as the notifications drop down has changed completely, and the site has been behaving in slightly odd ways but he didn’t confirm whether there had been an update or not. The Admin panel says last updated 3rd of Aug

1 Like

I haven’t noticed anything different, but that probably doesn’t mean that much🙄

1 Like

I also noticed I had 64 apparently unclicked notifications from way back - fortunately, the “dismiss” option seems to work and they have disappeared.

1 Like

I’m saying nowt, just grateful everything I do here is instantaneous, unlike the other site I inhabit, the UK one for lorry drivers. Over there it is so slow that any action takes so long that Firefox, or whoever, times it out frequently.

2 Likes

Oh my! If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. :roll_eyes: Why do software people think they have to change stuff?

2 Likes

Now suddenly I’ve got all these insurance threads from Fabien from years ago at the top as if there’s a new post on them - very strange!

Me too !

I think my notifications are normal but yes all the old posts have appeared!!!

Oh yes nice reply awards from ages ago!

I wonder if @fabien has recently edited the thread/post titles? That might update the 'date of posting ’ and thus lift it to the top of the recent posts list…

Hi everyone, wasn’t aware that it triggers notifications. It is me indeed. I’ve been the target of an identity theft attack and therefore I’m “anonymizing” my online presence a bit to keep a bit of a low profile. In here I’ve just removed my last name but (apparently) it has triggered the system my bad, really sorry for the confusion :angel:

8 Likes

I reckon we know you well enough… to forgive you… :wink: :wink:

3 Likes