Oh for Some Quality TV without Violence!

We’ve watched The West Wing three times too but are saving it up to watch for a fourth time next year when we move to France on the assumption that we probably won’t have access to familiar TV for a while. :smile:

1 Like

Why won’t you have access to familiar TV?

Hi Sue. I’m guessing we’ll probably have more pressing priorities than sorting out access to UK television when we arrive. :smile:

You have a laptop or tablet? And presumably getting your internet up and running will be a priority? So all you need is to sign up to a VPN and you’re away… After a hard days DIY you need something cheery, and what better than the British News?

We often download onto laptop and then play through TV monitor,

Thanks Jane. Yes, getting the internet up and running will be a priority, though mostly so we can get a website online. Most of what we watch now is streamed rather than live, apart from sport, so a VPN will be useful though I do have concerns about the legal issues of streaming UK content in France.

Would that be the german TV series Alarm für Cobra 11. Used to watch them fiming the car crashes on the closed section of Autobahn that ran alongside where i used to live.

TV online, will also depend on the quality of the internet where you live. Hopeless in our village - we are in a duff spot which breaks-up just when things start getting interesting…:smile::smile:

The very same…spectacularly awful, therefore wonderful telly

1 Like

Hello Sue, I thought l would give NordVPN a try - the only problem is l do not know how to use it to access bbc iplayer - I would be grateful for any advice in how to use it to access bbc programmes

I tried NordVPN and it didn’t work with BBC - I chatted with their tech support and they confirmed this.

This was 3 months ago.

Since then have successfully used Pure VPN.

1 Like

How strange Dan. Mat is right. Just tried now and been blocked out. Yet only a few months back I successfully started to watch Thatcher: A Very British Revolution. This must be something recent. So I’ll tell MOH and we’ll change to Pure

Thanks Sue - I will take Matt’s recommendation for Pure too; We are eager to watch the 2nd series of Killing Eve and lots of other stuff so will give anything a try.