Oh, oh…… not good

While we’re on the doom & gloom topic:
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-03619-8

Not true I’m afraid Fleur. If you have Covid symptoms or have been in contact with someone who has tested positive (and a host of othere reasons) you can get a PCR test in the UK. All here.

Izzy x

2 Likes

Oh yes… of course… nothing to worry about!! While the UK has more cases per million on a 7 day rolling average than France (or any other variant/measure of the numbers) all is well.

OK, thanks Izzy. I read some misinformation!

1 Like

Going up,

Maybe still some Xmas catching up but not good. Presumably more restrictions will now be inevitable.

Wonder why in the last 28 days, France has 4062 deaths versus the UK’s 3074?
(and Germany more than France and the UK combined!).

Difficult to know but the first thing is to check that it is an apples to apples comparison - UK deaths reporting has a lot of lag.

1 Like

I have noticed in the past, that when “catching-up” has taken place… it has been admitted, quite openly by the French govt/health folk …

These French figures are being quoted as “within 24 hours”…

This is conjecture… but is still rather concerning…

I see that the UK is up to 183,000 cases, although that includes 5 days worth from Northern Ireland.

Very high case numbers now, in the UK and in France. Also, daily hospital admissions passed the 400 mark in London which was supposed to be the point at which the Government would introduce further restrictions in England. Now that the idiot BJ is fighting for his political life I expect no new measures to be introduced. We’ve not heard the phrase “following the science” for a while now. Beggars belief!
Izzy x

The thing is, I had thought the French were being as careful this Christmas as last Christmas… does this still look like it was true?

Although these new high level of cases seem to be very worrying perhaps this video will ease some concerns (mostly about the UK).
Izzy x

1 Like

UK, since 20th of December there have been 779,280 positive cases
Less than 0.05% in hospital barely significant for a wintertime.
I have a friend in Spain who lives on the side of a mountain nearest neighbours 2km avoided everyone and still caught omicron, 1 bad night with flu like symptoms and 2 more days feeling rough thats all.
My Brother also has omicron and no worse than a winter cold.
Stop panicing.

1 Like

No comfort to the people who are dying though is it, it’s not just a cold to them.

The deaths are minimal and typical of the time of year.
I forgot to mention my old work colleague, 83yrs anti vaccines no mask, caught it on the train to Wales to visit her daughter. Bad cold for 3 days.

Just because you know a couple of people who only had flu lilke symptoms (vaccinated?), does not mean everyone will get away lightly.

If it is half as bad but three times more transmissible, it is still not good news.

As I have said before for every it’s not bad at all you produce there will be folks on here that will have had loved ones die with covid, I take it they are all just dying out of spite :face_with_raised_eyebrow::confused:
I have two friends and one relation in ICU at the moment with covid, so it’s not just a cold for everyone.

2 Likes

Of course not because people are dying all the time however since SA reported it and Denmark and the UK and Belgium and Holland etc etc weeks ago it is pretty obvious that it is mild in a huge majority of cases. Less than 0.05% (450 ish in hospital out of three quarters of a million cases in the UK alone, the figures all around the EU show similar.