'Oles in the lawn

Maybe even in the Exchange & Mart Bill ! :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Have no fear Bill… I can do you a lovely funeral… (it’s been a bit quiet lately…:thinking: )

2 Likes

More appropriate Ann, true :+1: :rofl:

That’s very kind S’ :kissing_closed_eyes:

Do we need to organize a bigger hole ?

I have l’équipe standing by… they need the work… as I said, much too quiet lately… :wink:

Normally, the heat has folk dropping like flies but, thankfully, not in our commune… most of them “dropped” during the winter… :relaxed:

1 Like

Nice to know that Stella, thanks :rofl:

Always glad to help Bill… :relaxed: although I hope you live long and prosper…:relaxed:

Last call for a funeral…was a few weeks ago and I was delighted to have a good reason to refuse… I was involved in a lovely wedding, elsewhere, the same day…phew :heart_eyes::hugs:

1 Like

Just heard a cure for moles on R4, TM Special!!!
Kids windmills stuck in the ground, will they work for monster toads an’ snakes???
Hoping for positive opinions, but we are a long way from where I last saw them, Blackpool, any suppliers in France :slightly_smiling_face:

:rofl: :+1:

Q - how do the Irish / Belgians kill moles
A - They bury them alive

3 Likes

You can usually buy them in the supermarkets at the moment as it is summer holiday time.
Don’t forget to buy a good supply as the French stocking system is not rational.

There was a mole cure on here not so long ago.
Dog hair down the holes.

Empty plastic bottles upturned on sticks … cost 'nowt !
By the way, none of these things work :grin:

2 Likes

Do you honestly believe you would be missed Bill ? :thinking:

2 Likes

I had 32 molehills (as opposed to holes) in my lawn when I returned after 5 months away. I just drown them by sticking a hose pipe down for 2o minutes. Yes its a labyrinth under there but it seems to work by either drowning them or flushing them elsewhere. They don’t come back within a year but I expect there are other colonies nearby.

How do gentlemen moles meet lady moles to procreate with who are not close relatives?

1 Like

The dog would miss me at bikky o’ clock Peter :wink:

2 Likes

Back in UK… for some obscure reason… I put the hose down a hole in the lawn… then was devastated to see this little mouse (or vole, or whatever) struggling to bring babies out into the open… to stop them from drowning… poor little things…

made me feel so bad… I have never done anything like that , ever again… :thinking::hushed::pensive:

4 Likes

All my efforts are directed towards not killing whatever ‘they’ are, but encouraging them to ‘relocate’ elsewhere :hugs:

1 Like

That strikes me as an extraordinarily cruel way to deal with the problem. Deliberately drowning animals when all they do is make small piles of earth in the garden! I’m shocked.

2 Likes