'Oles in the lawn

No, not out of order Mark, expressing my preferance, to encourage the ‘poor wee animals’, to ‘move on’ :hugs: Not kill them :neutral_face:

Well, where I used to live before in France my cats were very good hunters.
Some of the offerings they arrived with were, shall I say, a little too much, rabbits half alive/ish but beyond salvation, mice, mostly still alive enough to cause problems once they were ‘muffed’ out of mouths.
Rats, birds, lizards, moles and, not forgetting hens eggs filched from a neighbours barn.
Moles caused no end of problems, the room we designated for a ground floor bedroom, the moles had tunneled under the quarry floor tiles resulting in a partial collapse.
Yes they were there before us, but I challenge anyone who thinks they are cute to have to deal with them in such numbers.
They tunneled under the veggie patch, those of you who have had this problem know that it does lead to major problems for the crop and the nerves.
I have put down traps, some have worked others have not !
At my ‘new house’ I don’t have a vegetable patch, but because the garden was neglected/non existant I have spent a long time trying to make life easier and have a reasonable area for mum to sit in.
I do know how frustrating this problem can be because my nearest neighbour is a farm that has over 200 + cattle and all the moles settle in mine.
Some methods do seem more cruel than others, but I have to admit that when I have been gardening and seen the earth start to move, yet again, then I have prodded the ground with whatever I have had to hand!
I don’t need a pristine garden, what I do need is a mole free garden, at least the areas where it counts.
As has been said, whatever method has been used a dead mole is one less !
Oh and as an aside to Bill, move on where ? You don’t want them, well neither do I !

1 Like

Share and share alike Ann, a prob’ shared, is a prob’ halved :+1:
Anyway, I fancy you’re more than 'a good days trek, (certainly for a mole :wink:), from my patch, so you’ve no worries re my wee fellas :slightly_smiling_face: