Opinion: John Bercow is itching to stop Brexit – and he might just succeed

Mrs L - I wanna eat!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I love John Bercow…looks like the next week is gonna be the mother of all showdowns…

I’ve got so much going on on a personal level but Parliament tv is no doubt gonna feature quite strongly in my itinerary…:slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

There’s not a lot of parliamentary time next week, but if there are to be fireworks you can be sure Bercow will be the one lighting the touch paper - lets hope that the rest of them make sure it goes with a bang, not a whimper.

5 Likes

Not so long ago I was told in no uncertain terms from one of the posters, that this forum was “their tea party” so which one is correct ? I was also told in no uncertain terms to either “shut up or piss off”. So Lee take your pick.

Can you provide links inks to these posts please, that’s not acceptable, especially the second one.

We use the ‘dinner party’ analogy, see here please;

Argumentum ad hominem (Survive France Guidelines)

So I note which of the two options you chose, Roger! I think I have misunderstood what this forum is all about and that is no-one’s fault but mine. I’ll leave it there…but thank you for that moral support.

1 Like

Totally agree with you Caterine. Well done,well said , let’s keep believing.

A most interesting read.

Actually,they are looking for a 'Bonaparte look alike on the island of St Helena. Pop a hat on Boris and send him there!

@rolyat, please don’t take it personally, I have fallen fowl of this aggressive bunch too. They get one whiff that you might be a “leaver” then its open season to abuse and belittle.

And you are correct, some of the comments are off topic and a general moan about how stupid 51% of the population are for ticking the wrong box. Many of the serial panic moaners here fall foul of the “netiquette” by focusing on tripping up the offending commentators opinion or derailing the comments.

Its okay, they are all perfectly nice and friendly on the other channels. Its something about brexit that turns mild mannered people into rude and aggressive. Its a phenomenon.

Now brace for impact :grin:

1 Like

You would not believe the abuse I get on Facebook when I post Brexit related content!

1 Like

SF is heavily biased towards remain app. 70/30% so if you’re expecting immigrants who live in France to support an exit from the EU then you’re in for a rough ride!

4 Likes

@Rocam for the record, I thought your comments sounded reasonable, but I suspect you have better things to do than defend yourself against the “entrenched” .

1 Like

Pot meet kettle - the vitriol spewed by Brexiteers on other social media platforms is 10x worse than any grief that Leavers get here.

We’re generally willing to discuss things, at least - OK, many hold strong views but there’s nowt wrong with that.

3 Likes

I’m still waiting to hear anything positive to come from leaving the EU, ‘leavers’ complain about so called ‘remoaners’ but do not support their stance with any evidence. Will one of you please stand up for your beliefs, educate and inform instead of complaining that nobody understands.

You have a platform here and I positively encourage you to use it fully.

2 Likes

Maybe start here?

Yes Paul, that might be so, but we are on this platform.

The comments on this post are pretty reasonable aren’t they, before someone mentioned Trump and liars and misogynists.

This illusion that “leavers” are all fine and dandy with the current status quo is fiction. It is what it is.

We are not your enemy, we just might disagree. We are on this site trying to work it out same as you and that is why we post our comments. Not to inflame but to “play it out” and see if it holds up to scrutiny.

My beef is that some of the comments from @Rocam and @rolyat have effectively been shutdown and swamped, and that doesn’t seem right or fair either.

Anyway I’m off topic, back to Bercow.

2 Likes

For the last time…!!! Off topic is ok and positively encouraged here :slight_smile:

1 Like

And quite what is wrong with mentioning liars and womanisers in the context of discussing Trump and Johnson?