Pass Sanitaire etc - tackling with the 4th wave of the virus

Yes and I’m sorry for that…and in times past I’ve been pretty open hearted about daily struggles affecting my family…about my love for my furry four legs and posting photos of them…:

I would love to be able to turn back the pages and to be oblivious to the harm being caused…but I have a pregnant daughter…

1 Like

An easy thing to say if you don’t have a family member suffering death or side effects from an unproven vaccine…

I am ever mindful of every loss during this current battle…

I see it as a battle for truth and transparency…

Early on I watched a debate between Robert F Kennedy Jr and Alan Dershowitz…

Dershowitz failed to convince me…

Maybe others think Dershowitz had a point…???

(Note to self:…try to step away and envision a world of peace and understanding and endeavour to really really make this my last post…:grinning:)

1 Like

I think sometimes we need to step away for a bit, when things get too intense. So rather than make anything final, just find other things to do for a while, rather than come onto SF. And then see how you feel a few weeks down the line.
I would miss your contribution Helen, but quite understand why you may want to stop posting (at least for a while). I did, for a time, in the early days.

2 Likes

Sue’s suggestion of having a break is a good one. Should we actually have good days, spend the time out walking with your pooches.

But as to this particular story. Such a hard choice…as I have lost a friend to covid, and have one suffering from long covid. So whilst agree with certain aspects about the vaccine on balance it is better than not having it. Latest stats are 14 cases of blood clotting per million. Devastating for those 14 (not all of whom die) but the complete opposite for the rest of the million so very likely saving significant number of lives.

However can we wait to see before this young man died from? It sounds very unclear that it was the vaccine rather than something he ate.

The only thing you can “use” a visa for in the first instance, is to get into the country.
Visas applications are dealt with by embassies or consulates. Applications for titres de séjour are dealt with by the immigration office. They are two separate authorities.
You apply for a visa from your home country or your country of residence. You can’t apply for a visa to enter France from inside France.
You apply for a titre de séjour from inside France. You can’t apply for a titre de séjour from outside of France (except under the WA in certain cases you could, but that was an exception).
If you have eg a VLS-TS, then once you have arrived you must validate it online and it then also serves as a titre de séjour, you don’t need a separate card. But you must validate it because if you don’t, the immigration office will have no record of you being here. Living in France as a foreigner not known to the immigration office would make you illegal.

1 Like

Is that shockingly sad?
People go to vaccination centres to get vaccinated. One assumes that before booking an appointment they have done their research, maybe seen their doctor. Of course I realise that one should never assume anything and some people will not have done their research properly. That is sad, I agree.
But I don’t think a vaccination centre is the place to do your research, it’s not what vaccination centres are for. People need to spend time finding out the facts and considering them. It is back to front to have people make an appointment, turn up, and then be bombarded with information and expected to make a split second decision. And how many wasted appointments and wasted vaccines would that result in?

5 Likes

Was it this by any chance Stella ?

Who is being advised to get vaccinated.

I acknowledges my misconception and it was cleared up in post 44 above.

If you had been into a vaccination centre in France you would know they ask questions in regards to allergies & blood clotting issues - probably others too in different centres.

1 Like

Where do you find the post numbers, please?
I can’t see them.
I am assuming you don’t have to count down from the top LOL!

Our neighbour who is in her thirties and also has a flat told me yesterday that Lyon is full of Covid, all in unvaccinated young people.

On right hand side, you can scroll up and down

1 Like

I certainly read that… but also somewhere where it was reported how the discussions were going on at govt level… you know… when the idea of Pass Sanitaire had to be put forward and voted on… and then there were 2000 amendments to get through before the end of something like the weekend/or the next week…

I remember thinking that it would take UK govt years to get through 2000 amendments…

There is a new set of figures available now… makes interesting reading.
It’s to be updated each week…

this is so, so dangerous for anyone who may have had good reason not to have their vaccinations.

Holding my breath we won’t get a variant emerge as it passes through more and more hosts that could circumvent the existing vaccines most of the community has had.

1 Like

I do that every day Jane…outside come rain or shine with my gang…they are the ones who keep me sane because they make me laugh :grinning:

The databases are really clunky and really not fit for purpose…there is always the correlation/causation…plausible deniability…incompetence versus intent legal arguments whilst in the meantime people suffer…

This youngster could have been my son…if it had been I would not feel that his death served a greater good…

And it’s not just deaths…the side effects that some are suffering are horrendous…

On one of the groups I’m on there was a plea from a young woman to have a heart…now is not the time to cast blame on each other as we all work our way through this…

1 Like

Actually I get more concerned about possible numbers of side effects. Deaths that shouldn’t happen sadly do happen - whether from routine surgery, vaccines, unexpected responses to products, small cuts causing sepsis etc etc. Devastating for the families of those concerned, but at a population level quite modest. However I would like better data on long covid, and possible long covid after vaccinations as this is possibly more widespreead.

(In his 8 years pup has only ever not had a walk once…when a 16 hour storm!)

2 Likes

Yes latrogenic harm is one of the leading causes of death and disability…(I could think of many examples here but vaginal mesh is certainly one of those)

Yes me too…I would like to see more data on long covid and long covid after vaccination as I too see it as becoming more widespread and may account for what so many people are experiencing…

There are papers that suggest that previous infection gives a long lasting and durable immunity and if we then vaccinate someone who already has natural immunity are we seeing ADE…???

My mum has many physical problems one of which is rheumatoid arthritis…she recently spent just over 5 weeks in hospital not long after her first AZ…during the 5 weeks she had a “cardiac event”…suspected blood clot…and a cascade of tests and scans and X-rays and feeding tubes and IVs etc…

It’s a long story but after 12 weeks she
recovered enough to have her 2nd AZ…

She’s not good at the minute and previously well managed conditions are worsening…she’s waiting for an appt with a neurologist towards Christmas…I really hope she doesn’t get called for a booster in the autumn…

1 Like

Yes well said.