Permis de conduire since Brexit

Has anyone tried to get a French permis de conduire since Brexit? I’ve tried applying for an International Driving Licence via ANTS (since an exchange now is not allowed since Brexit) but am having difficulty knowing how to send them all the documents, or even if it’s possible. Every time I try to access ANTS site, it doesn’t seem to work!

There’s a whole thread already running on this subject here:

And I believe the international driving permit is also not accepting UK licences. Even if you got an IDP it would only be valid outside France!

We remain hopeful that the agreement will be signed soon, and applications can restart. And the huge logjam of existing applications will be finalised…

My gestoria [fixer] back in Spain wants to sue the Spanish Gov. She has 30 Brits who have been waiting since last September for exchange of UK driving licences to Spanish.

September :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: that is nothing!!! They had mine for 14 months without a peep then a rejection letter and dossier returned (including expensive ‘new’ birth cert :rage: ) literally the week, even days before the online thing opened last March or whenever it was.

That’s bad Tory - v bad :persevere:

The problem for Andrea is A] she has 30 Brits in various stages of fear and loathing down on her neck and B] She doesn’t get paid till she hands over a licence.

Plus she is, like Mark 'Get C. G. Done!’ Rimmer, a pro with an inside track.

An IDP is not a driving licence Jane. It is only an “official" translation of your real driving license. On its own it is worthless.

1 Like

I think you meant to reply to Irene! I know it’s not a licence to drive, which is why I called it a permit.

So what do you do now…stop driving on 31/12/2021? :slight_smile:

I guess I just have to wait for them to sort the new rules. Can’t afford to sit for a French test so I’m pretty anxious tbh.

A lot of people are getting very worried, especially those whose licence runs out much earlier during this year… or their photocard. (Actually I imagine a lot of people who have been here for a while have never updated their photo card, so are probably already driving on illegal licences🤫).

OH has been waiting since 2018…

That was what triggered me Jane. it’s not valid anywhere, it’s just a translation :slightly_smiling_face: I have seen commercial websites offering them implying, but not actually stating, they are more than they are.

Yep that is the man shape, he’s is quite out of date :roll_eyes:. I’ve never had a photo card one so still have the old pink / green one so at least dont’ have to worry about that :rofl:

lost in the post !!.??