Philip Schofield

My younger brother died from a brain tumour at the age of 47, are you saying that I should have done so too? Ridiculous.
Still 33 years on borrowed time then.

Let people discuss what they want to discuss. Donā€™t interfere if you are not interested. When I joined here the concept was an extended dinner party sort of discussion, you (IMHO) are leaning over the table and poking your finger in another guestā€™s chest.

7 Likes

I meant Lizzie 1 they were called cossie on another forum. I got mixed up.

Old age is creeping in.

I will do just that.

Please carry on talking about some blokes personal life.

Syntactically this sentence is fascinating - it means something and the opposite :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

Will do :slightly_smiling_face: Now, where was Iā€¦ā€¦ā€¦

Cracker!! :rofl: Took the words right out of my mouth :blush:

3 Likes

I dont get itā€¦please explain otherwise I wonā€™t sleep tonight. I will be tossing and turning.

Look, you can actually talk about him on a UK car forum as well.

(Phillip Schofield... | OT (OFF Topic) Forums | Page 5 | MBClub UK - Bringing together Mercedes Enthusiasts)

Why is this bloke so interesting ?

He isnā€™t, any more than any other fleeting topic of conversation one might have. In a month weā€™ll all have forgotten him.

But the manner of his interaction with others IS interesting, because it gives insight into human behaviour. So we see a man who made a mistake and lied about it multiplying his troubles. Thereā€™s a lot one can learn from that, both the outcome for him and the fallout on those around him.

7 Likes

I never see why if people canā€™t see the point and donā€™t find a topic interesting, why they donā€™t just ignore a topic and move onto the ones that do.
When I read a paper I read the articles I find interesting, I donā€™t slavishly read everything from cover to cover.
If you find it pointless, donā€™t read it.

8 Likes

I agree, there are no rules here as far as I know that forbid comment on people and places beyond the Octogon.
I started this thread for the same reason that I started the one about Lancashire Police and the lady who went missing, later found dead in the river.
In both cases I thought, on the limited information available, that some people were being treated unfairly and was concerned enough to invite others for their opinions.

2 Likes

I always ignore gardening threads because they remind me I have to mow the lawm.

I will now always in future ignore any thread about Philip Scolfield because it is ruining my childhood memories.

No surprise there :rofl:

10 Likes

Post of the day already from@vero

2 Likes

You fell for the trap :rofl:

Canā€™t outsmart me.

Iā€™ll let you work out why your sentence is ambiguous by yourself then :slightly_smiling_face:

I got a bit but not all.

Now work that one out.

Iā€™m not talking about him :disguised_face:

Who ?

2 Likes