Pic of the Day

He’s (She’s) cute - bit like a rounded out doormat…

Here’s my pic for today, well yesterday to be accurate - guess where I went?

This wasn’t actually inside those famous boneyards, but just as you come out, advertising the cafe across the road, with a cheery little guy encouraging you to get over there before it’s too late!

Love the mountain pic Andy. It’s funny that you call it ‘great weather’ and yet lots of people have probably lost their jobs in the ski industry and everything. One man’s pleasure is another man’s poison - is that the expression?

What a cutie! Hope it wasn’t a Fouine!

Found our cat Charlie playing with this little fella earlier today.

The Col d’Aspen in the Pyrenees this week, due to the great weather we have had over the last few weeks the little snow we had is almost gone, the pass at this time is normally under a metre of snow, last year it was shut well into May. I do feel sorry for the Ski industry they must have had a terrible season.

Thought I’d throw a few images in here just for the hell of it.

I’m still doing my daily iPhone stuff, in case you’re interested.

I won’t go on about Paris too much here, as I do that elsewhere on SFN, but I do still find it an endless source of inspiration, but to be honest this could be anywhere, as long as there really is something interesting on the wall to photograph, that is.

I started wittering on about ‘looking up’ in the blah-blah which goes with this image, which is often a great source of surprises when you’re in town, and I spontaneously included the first images from the blog I found after a root-around where that approach had given me a shot - they’re at the end of the post! Got any ‘looking up’ images of where you are anyone?

That’s a view all right! I can’t even see to the end of the garden right now with the southern Ile de France greyness we have at the mo.

Hi Linda - it’s true that discovering depth of field is a wonderful thing! Keep those experiments coming :-S

great image, you have really captured the light in the bottles

The views of the Pyrenees have been fantastic this week. This was yesterday

Here is my contribution for today. This was the result of my first experiments using a very shallow depth of field. A friend of mine showed my the effect a few days earlier, and I was determined to do it myself! The only editing afterwards was to slightly crop the picture.

Camera: Nikon D3100 Settings: Aperture priority; f5.6, shutter speed 1/50s; metering centre weighted; ISO 200

It is a most thrilling learning curve!![](upload://r5wBzV6w29hbt4dteDV9vZgcNYm.JPG)

You’re right to always have your camera with you, and that’s where compact ones come into their own. The great shots are often so easy to spot when you don’t have your camera with you, speaking from experience :slight_smile:

Like the idea - okay here's my contribution

have the habit of camera coming everywhere with me its a panasonic z28 (compact thing but good lens) and so snap first - so sometimes get a few interesting shots

Oh I do like this Diane! How did you achieve the effect? I presume you used a wide aperture? I’m just experimenting with camera settings, so comments about how a picture was taken would be really helpful.

Yes, very slightly. Thanks~

Beautiful photo.

Hi Diane - the bottles in focus and the background blurry is gorgeous, with the… is it ever-so-slightly sepia colour here?

It’s been such a gloomy November here, that I’ve been musing back to those sunny days of summer and the weekly vide-greniers. Not a photo of the day, exactly; more a photo of the day’s mind…and people/things

watching in the sunshine.

So is that what they call a weblog?

Love the onions!

Extremely photogenic subjects Neil - well spotted! (especially the second one :wink: