Plumber/bathroom builder wanted urgently in 37290

an old Godin Colonial by any chance? We had one of those in a cottage we rented for 6 years - bloody useless thing to be honest.
I think it was designed to be used with the doors open for an “open fire effect” :roll_eyes:

@graham Here you go

No idea what it’s origins are, looks nice but that’s about it!

1 Like

ah… not the one I was thinking of then.

Ours is a 10kw Petit Godin cylindrical woodburner - very efficient (picture from when it was being installed)

That looks like a pretty normal woodburner tbh! Did you have the 2 vents at the front open? Did you sweep the chimney first? Possible there is a birds nest or something in the flue.

Are you sure on you info about the pellets? I’ve not seen them at that price for years! Most places are out of stock, 6-9€ is about the current price and have heard one mention of 16€/ bag next year. Be very careful, lots of scams about as well. Tread carefully! There is a thread somewhere all about it, I’ll try to find it for you.

2 Likes

Its the chimneys job to pull air not the wood burners, just saying. Sounds like you have longer horizontal flu runs?

Questionable comment, no secondary burn means not efficient.

When we were over in September pellets were being rationed at the local Bricomarche 9 euros a bag, max 6 bags per person. The places in Autun that usually sold pellets were all out of stock.

We had planned pellet stoves as part of the renovation, but the house is in a national park where timber is harvested, and it makes far more sense to get log burners.

1 Like

Very interested in this - many friends with pellet stoves trying to find bulk stock and as cheap as you quote :slight_smile:

When I was over I saw people with sack barrow loads leaving the shop.
Friends have just bought a pellet making machine so proem solved.

That’s a very pretty stove!

[quote=“Corona, post:21, topic:41193”]
Friends have just bought a pellet making machine…[/quote]

can you post some info, please… since others might find it useful…

Yes it is, and despite what Corona says, it is also quite efficient.
Everything in the stove is reduced to a very fine ash. At 10kw it heats the whole house and during the summer when it’s not in use, it looks good too especially as our place is a new modern build and this adds a certain je ne sais quoi :wink:

1 Like

I’ll except “quite efficient” :joy:

1 Like

Had a look this morning, none available (and Chinese, judging from the blurb)

Well if you are going to racist it about it hahaha. What doesnt have some connection with China?

my orange cake… :rofl:

2 Likes

And what sort of plate do you serve your orange cake on, @Stella ? :rofl:

1 Like