PM's plane to be rebranded at cost of £900,000

but do you think it costs 900k to paint that plane ?

Yes, it’s you who doesn’t so I’m asking for some proof.

Ask Marshal for a quote, they’ll confirm the price.

777 is approx 75k why would a plane the same size cost over 10x

My guess is the refit will cost 700-800k and then the paint.

I honestly think it’s just media spin.

The only slightly unusual aspect of this plane is that it’s a working air tanker and they require higher maintenance (tanks, seals, pumps and safety systems) vs regular jets, beyond that and for the painting it’s a big tube with flat bits sticking out.

1 Like

So you have nothing but your opinion. Fair enough.

And a brother who paints planes :wink:

1 Like

Shame he didn’t get the contract to do this one then, according to official sources they’re paying the painters £900,000. He’s missed out big time.

He quoted for this job but his Airfix paints are currently in low stock

2 Likes

It’s all probably a dead cat - what news is kicking around which needs burying?

1 Like

Hanoncocks bungs?

The bill “incorporates the cost of creating a design that will promote the UK around the world without compromising the plane’s vital military role”.

Not anyone can draw a Union Flag, Think of the shame if they got it upside down! Probably gave the design job to Damien Hirst. Don’t think Banksy was shortlisted - pity! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I would have painted it much cheaper but they might not like my style.
#Iambanksy

3 Likes

Good value. The UK will need to make a positive impression when Johnson arrives in far off capitals to be shafted on trade deals.

A taxpayer who donates thousands to the UK government , in return for which l receive sod all, while they risk the health and welfare of my kith and kin. That’s who.

2 Likes

Why would an air tanker have any seats? Is it a tanker or is it a passenger plane or is it a fudge - a Government executive jet that pretends to be a tanker (with a few Micky Mouse tanks in the hold) to justify the expense? I know what I think :roll_eyes:

1 Like

If you are a French resident what do you expect the UK government to give you?

A FOI request about how often this plane has actually been used as an air tanker might prove enlightening :wink:

Apparently…

Mr Johnson’s spokesman has now said it will cost £900,000.

He told reporters the bill “incorporates the cost of creating a design that will promote the UK around the world without compromising the plane’s vital military role”.

“This will mean that the plane can better represent the UK around the world with national branding, similar to many other leaders’ planes, while also retaining its military air-to-air refuelling capability,” said the spokesman.

Money well spent!

HS2 was meant to cost under 40bn, now estimated at over 100bn…

Please tell me you are being ironic!!

1 Like

You can be assured that I am being ironic !!

1 Like