PM's plane to be rebranded at cost of £900,000

Try the WFP they stole and the removal of the fifteen year voting prescription which they promised to remove in their Manifesto.

To be fair that looks fine … but £900k, really?

Aircraft configuration below - 58 seats rather than 291.

I can’t remember what it was but I can remember being shocked by the design cost for the 2012 logo for the London Olympics. At least the design on the plane doesn’t look as though it was drawn by a clumsy four year old.

It was £400,000. It makes the plane seem to be a bargain.

Well spotted Nigel. But it does beg the question as whether it’s wise for the leaders of the UK to fly around in an aircraft with a fuel tank in the fuselage equivalent to the space taken up by 233 seats. Luckily there’s no smoking on flights anymore :face_with_hand_over_mouth: The Hindenburg incident springs to mind. One might wonder if a troop transporter with a 58 seat “posh” bit up front might not have been a better option?

Says (no apostrophe)

Yes, it looks good and is relatively discrete.
Cannot be 900K, must be a mistake.
Can’t trust the media so who knows.

the figure is given by the Downing Street official spokesman so it must be correct :wink:

2 Likes

The amount of money the government is spending on helping people during this crisis… this is a drop in the ocean. Supporting nearly 9 million people to the equivalent of £30K per annum!
If the plane helps in any way to boost trade and fly the flag, good.
It will not just be for the PM to use, but for other ministers and members of the Royal Family.
Pity we don’t have the Royal yacht or Concorde any more - now they were a fabulous boost to Britain’s presence abroad.

I was more amused than shocked at its colourful pantomime similitude to a naughty sexual act, in flagrante delicto. I’m surprised it got beyond the drawing board/or off its knees, so to speak. :thinking::roll_eyes:

1 Like

The Government is spending nothing Anne. It’s incompetent ministers spending (and to a large degree wasting) tax payers’ money.

if they can get a look in…

I spotted a photo of Bojo boarding his tanker in the Guardian today

1 Like

Can I use it? It would help out enormously whilst Easyjet & Ryanair get their act sorted - I was looking to spend money in UK.

3 Likes

It’s going to be the only lollipop coloured “tanker” in any airforce. Might as well paint a target on it :grinning:

1 Like

who loves ya, baby! image
This obviously begs the question… is part of the cost of this “rebranding” exercise to remove the tanks?
The thought of a brightly coloured lollipop reminds me of the Russian response to the aircraft carrier Queen Elizabeth -" just a nice big target for us to aim at" :wink:

1 Like

The man who thinks he’s a king is spending tax payers money as though it is his own piggy bank

1 Like

Follow up…