Politically correct or somewhat over the top..?

strikes me that most of the old films, songs and everything else… could end up being banned/binned…

WTF?
I can’t see anything ‘inappropriate’ with that…

1 Like

Yep, very worrying that a certain minority can disrupt and take away the pleasures of the majority.:rage:

2 Likes

Interesting. Someone wrote a great piece on this on Twitter which was in essence that taking the song in the context of its time, the woman is actually asserting her independence against the somewhat puritanical attitudes of the time. Fast forward to 2018, with horrible things like date rape, drugging drinks etc and the words look somewhat different, which is why some folk object to it. The contextualisation of its original meaning helps.

5 Likes

It is an interesting and challenging conundrum. I can easily remember when it was first released, and it did seem to be a straightforward bit of amiable, skilful and successful seduction, with no unpleasantly coercive overtones/undertones.

The final duet where both singers croon “and baby it’s cold outside” in close and cheerful harmony made it clear that whatever the sequel, on the evidence fairly assessed, it was warmly consensual. And it was a bit of fiction.

2 Likes

Some people have way too much time on their hands unless they are being paid to stir up a storm in a tea cup to boost Christmas sales

1 Like

I am probably very politically incorrect but I feel sorry for anybody who cannot see it for what is is in context; two adults flirting with each other.

1 Like

Not sure why you should feel that way. Just some daft people telling other Americans what they should think.

And I’m not allowed to feel sorry for those people who are not allowed to think for themselves?

Snowflakes!

2 Likes

Oh here we go again with safe spaces and the like. Utterly pathetic. We’ll soon be covering up the legs on the grand piano lest they lead to lubricious thoughts.

5 Likes

You should hear me banging away on the piano :grin:

Already do that to stop our dog from cocking his leg up them :laughing:

1 Like

I have been doing seasonal work in a large store in the UK. For some reason women think it’s perfectly ok to walk into the men’s fitting room when their partners are trying on clothes. I frequently have to ask them to sit outside. It doesn’t seem to occur to them that they would find it very inappropriate if men were allowed into the female fitting room. One woman actually followed her partner into the cubicle and shut the door before I could stop her!

Where I work there is a move towards same sex toilets

I have been at functions whete the women have been forced to use the gents as the queues for the ladies were too long.
The men were warned before going into 'their ’ side.

1 Like

A bar near us has gender neutral toilets. It seems to work fine.
I think with fitting rooms people often flit in and out looking for other sizes and prefer to have single sex areas. Also the men’s fitting rooms are really small and the women just get in the way.

I am a woman of a certain age. It would take a brave person, male or female to try and get between me and a toilet when I need one :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can see, and being tasked with the project, but where does that leave urinals. (the reason men are quicker!)

The urinals at the bar are behind a door in the corner of the toilets.
Frequently in France I have visited a toilet only to find I must walk past a man using the urinal to get to the cubicle!