Politics alert….. A lying bastard speaks 🙂

Seriously, we and everybody need to keep highlighting this stuff far and wide, otherwise their lies become the “truth”. Frankly how anybody could watch this and not be outrepaged is beyond me.

2 Likes

And more of it…

1 Like

Haven’t you got anything else to do?

3 Likes

Headline is a bit misleading again. It is Sturgeon’s demands for independence that she is suggesting should be ignored.

2 Likes

This site would be pretty sparse if members like John didn’t post. It’s easy enough to avoid new topics in categories you’re not interested in so probably best to do that rather than be unkind.
Izzy x

5 Likes

I was making a point, not being unkind. I think his skin is thick enough to take it. It’s pretty low level posting to find articles in the Guardian critical of Conservative politicians. They are not exactly in short supply.

1 Like

Oh no it’s not :joy: “I think the best thing to do with Nicola Sturgeon is ignore her” . Followed by applause and baying from the knuckle draggers in the audience. It was an incredibly insulting thing to say about the democratically elected leader of Scotland, especially by a ERG puppet who, if she becomes a leader will do so on the whim of 160,000 Tories.

5 Likes

If you prick me, do I not bleed?

Every day, in any small way, I’ll take a few moments to call out dross like Wooster-Mogg and Truss. I feel it’s my duty :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Out of interest with so much weird focus on The Guardian suddenly, what U.K. based media would people prefer I wonder? If you were to rule out News U.K. and DMGT due do not wanting to support their hateful behaviours and stances on issues now and previously (which some may be fine with of course, I’m just imagining reasons why people wouldn’t post them), what does that actually leave? The Independent owned by Baron Lebedev of Siberia? The BBC I guess but no one of any political view is generally very impressed with that these days. Reuters and the FT maybe? The Telegraph is as much of fiasco as The Express these days, newspaper equivalents of Fox News, lies and hysteria. You could go down the route of blog posts but with some exceptions they’re rarely of a standard and sourced like a national newspaper… Vice? Buzzfeed? Huffpo? Not British and rarely news…

For all the snark that has suddenly appeared about The Guardian finding other options that operate at the same level is actually surprisingly difficult.

8 Likes

in context, there was a quote somewhere… I’m sure someone will post it in full… where the last line was something on the lines of “…then they came for me” or something like that
I agree with John, complacency will be our down doing… don’t ignore the signs and bury your head in the sand, ostrich like :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Good analysis, I think one does just end up with the Guardian. My faith in the BBC is dented. I like the Economist, I find their forthright dedication to mammon refreshing, and they hate Johnson, though one suspects more for economic stability than moral reasons.

The comments section of the Mail and Express are always good for an insight into an alternative reality.

3 Likes

The Mirror often seems to be calling out the government.

2 Likes

I’d forgotten Reach/ The Mirror existed embarrassingly :see_no_evil: Even worse since I’ve just been binging on Ghislaine Maxwell documentaries and podcasts. You’d think it would be at the front of my mind since it was discussed so much! :joy:

You are right John, sorry, I had only read the article and not listened to the clip.

1 Like

Precisely Kirstea!
I, for one, post links to Guardian articles more than any other sources for the simple reason that they are better. They are indeed often critical of the current UK government - but this is not because they are biased, but for precisely the opposite reason: they are more objective than most other sources (and I include in this both politically left and right media).

5 Likes

And by sheer chance they accord with your view of the world. That’s poor coming from somebody as analytical as you.

1 Like

The thing is, Plod - The Guardian in general doesn’t accord with my view of the world - it really doesn’t - and I don’t actually read its political comment or any articles on the Westminster bubble (unless somebody like John recommends them).

Again, what I like about The Guardian is neither its politics (which are in fact very different from my own) nor its staff journalists (with one or two honourable exceptions) - but the fact that it so frequently publishes articles not by journalists, but by real experts in their field. It is this that makes it so far superior to any other UK media I know of.

5 Likes

Thanks Rendi, I wonder how many votes for independence that might have generated :slightly_smiling_face:

Truss will be made as welcome in Scotland as de Pfeffle has been…

1 Like

I 'm sure that he will lose his seat at the next election.