Possible brit exit

The bit I don’t understand is why, ‘some buggers gunna pay’ (sic). You made a decision based on the facts at the time you moved to France. It was your decision. Times change and the World evolves, it’s hard to imagine why you have to find someone else to blame. The politicians are doing what politicians always do; they are adjusting their political sails to fit the current environment. If you have to find a scapegoat try Mr Farrage or the editors of the popular papers, it’s them who have stoked up anti European attitudes to the point where talk of a referendum became necessary.
Personally I don’t think I could live in France if I didn’t feel accepted.

in a word, ' Commonwealth'. I know a lady who worked in Canada then retired to the UK, and had no problem obtaining a retirement-pension.

I worked 5 to 6 years in the UK and apparently my contributions are lost. I believe we need to work 10 years in the UK to receive the first penny. (unless we work in a Commonwealth country?)

only because of Coca-Cola

By the same rules couldn't the British people take an action against Mr Blair for sending Uk soldiers to their death ? Wouldn't he become a War Criminal using your criteria ?

The 'referendum' in this case was the General Election victory.

A civil action would not actually be against Cameron as an individual but as the person heading those responsible for holding a referendum that disrupts one's life. It is proving that disruption that the case would be brought to establish, thus as head of the government Cameron would nominally be held responsible in the case of winning the civil action.

We made a choice. You can't eat your brioche and have it.

I've been in France since July, 1978. Never in all that time have I been made feel unwelcome, so I don't know where you found the idea that we wouldn't be accepted if we took on French nationality if the need arose. I've lived in 8 countries and have yet to find more tolerant and welcoming people than the French.

There's always the option of selling up and going 'home'.

How can you take Cameron to court over a decision made by the people?

Quite agree Claire. The French govt would have to respect Keith's business status like any one else unless they really turned nasty which would be counter productive for them. The Health question would come into play because of the UKs possible refusal to reimburse the French govt as they do now as I understand it.

No idea about French getting healthcare in the UK. My son, who is French gets free healthcare but also has a private scheme with his company. I suppose the French resident in the UK would have the same rights as the hundreds of thousands of say, aussies, kiwis, americans and other non-EU residents etc ?

'WE' are not all scruffy Doreen !!

Maybe it was also something to do with pension payments Angela ? Don't know if it the case with Keith but there are certain anomalies regarding pension payments. An example..

I have a friend who is British and worked in the UK for much of his life but also spent ten years working in New Zealand. He moved to France on retirement and the NZ govt refused to pay his NZ pension to France which meant he had to move back to the UK to get NZ pension entitlement.

Peter, surely if Keith has a legitimate business and is paying his taxes he would be entitled to the healthcare the same as anyone else? I think the ones that would have to worry are those who rely on the old E121 / S1,as the reciprocal agreement would be at risk of being removed. But then look at all the French living in the UK, surely they would be in the same position as regards their healthcare?

Surely that wasn’t your only reason for coming to France because of Britain being part of the EU!

Santa wears red Brian!

was talking about Dolly Parton lookalike, haven’t had the opportunity to put the lights out with you yet, and I don’t need glasses any more except for distance!

I am even better looking if I wear my black plastic sack, so there....

Don't know Shirley, i'm quite good looking if you don't wear your glasses and put the lights out...

Peter! not a pretty sight!

why do you think I have to buy so many tissues Bruce? joking, just trying to work out if I upset Brian or not was it a smashing Thanks Sbirl! or a sarky one, coz I’m aware of the good work he has done with children, as well as extensive travel and work abroad! just thinking and hoping it was a smashing one, not quite as astute as I used to be :slight_smile: yes Sunday’s going well Peter, we need to have that tel conversation when you’re ready!

But the day we have you collar and tie and all that (sorry to use these words...) looking ORDINARY, it's all over. Gottit?

Oh..Brian....you ARE awful,...but I like you! x

Says the very ordinary bloke with his Dolly Parton hair, big red lips, sitting starkers on the throne...