Prescription glasses in France from 10 euros - ready in ten minutes!

I will stick with ‘Krys’, I’ve only one good eye, so personal checks there are important :wink:

Thanks . New in Paris. Daughter’s glasses just lost one its nosepad, glad I found this post. Will try the Paris shop soon.
Anisah

1 Like

Hi Anisah and welcome to the forum…

:relaxed::relaxed::relaxed:

1 Like

Hello Anisah and welcome.
Most opticians will fix a new nosepad in a couple of minutes while you wait. I have had mine done a couple of times and where I live there is no charge. In Paris not sure, but worth visiting your nearest one to ask. :slight_smile:

Lunettes Pour Tous sounds like a gift from heaven even if using their services might also mean forking out for an overnight stay; could anyone tell me if their eye test includes a digital retinal scan?

Can anyone please comment on their experience when getting specs. from lunettespourtous?

Brilliant service, fast, cheap and excellent quality. We returned this summer for new glasses for my daughter and prescription sunglasses for me.

Has anyone used these guys recently? The time is rapidly approaching to get glasses.

Mat, we are a fairly similar age I think and I’m the same, the cheapy reading glasses from Action not as good as they were! I’m thinking of going in to one of the places outside the big supermarkets and asking how it works. We have CMU at the moment as things have been so tough work wise so I’m thinking that I should be able to at least get my test done fairly cheaply.

1 Like

How very dare you - I am only 23! (yeah right!)

1 Like

Due to the ´100% santé’ law, all opticians now have to offer a range of glasses that are 100% refundable by the sécu. As you are on CMU you won’t have to pay upfront either so go and get your glasses woman !!

Xx

Ps 100% refunded is even cheaper than Action. And that is saying something…!!

2 Likes

Glasses Direct have stopped shipping to France (they were completely brilliant and still are if you can ship to the UK), I guess because of problems caused by Brexshit, even if you’re prepared to pay the extra cost.

So thanks @cat and others I can see Lunettes pour Tous in my future

1 Like

Indeed and thanks to a link by @graham on another thread the same now applies for hearing aids, not for one minute suggesting you need one. I contacted our mutuel and they confirmed it to be correct. My wife keeps telling me she is fed up of repeating herself and now I can get hearing aids for free I shall be doing just that. It’s a win win as I will have better hearing and my wife will talk half as much :rofl:
A lifetime in construction, most of it before ear defenders were considered the norm, has done its worst.

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: WHAT I CAN;T HEAR you!!!

That is saying something, I have about 10 pairs (well can only find 2 but I have probably the 10 somewhere!), bargain at €2!!! I think I need to have a proper check though, and at least I’ll know what number I really need and have the good pair and take care nad then leave my others around all the places I always need them! ie kitchen (WHY do they make the cooking instructions SO tiny??), crochet bag, school bag, next to bed for reading (even my phone screen I struggle with recently, particularly when tired).

So for the glasses thing, how does it work, can I just go into one of the glasses shops in the galerie outside the supermarket that advertise testing and they’ll test and give me the glasses??? I’m guessing now that I have money coming in this will be the last year of CMU so good to get it sorted before having to worry about mutuelles!

I don’t know if it’s Normandy as a whole or just Calvados but there is an incentive running which made the tediosity at the notaire, signing up for my house, have a spectacularly interesting finale.

I paid €7k in tax. The incentive, to encourge people to come to live in the region, will refund something over €2k of that!

Can someone please confirm - is the eye exam similar to one you would receive at a traditional opticians at Lunettes Pour Tous?

Also is it required to take a carte Vitale and mutuelle details with you?

I looked on the website a few days ago. It said that they could provide the exam and glasses ‘in an emergency’ and that the exam should not be taken as a replacement for an opthalmologists exam. That, to me, looks like they are exploiting a loophole in the law in order to do what they do.

1 Like

I’m not sure (it’s some years since I had a test at Lunettes Pour Tous) but I think the difference is that they just test vision and prescribe lenses, rather than look for disease, etc. I can’t remember them doing that thing where they look deep into your eyes. Shame, as the optician was lovely.

My understanding (having just visited an optician) is that, unless you have an ordonnance from an opthalmo, you don’t get the state contribution to the cost of your glasses. Have I got that wrong? (I do have an ordonnance so am just checking for future reference)

Yes you need a doctor’s ordnance - though not necessarily from an ophthalmologist.