Prime à la conversion/casse

I disagree. If you intend to demand 36kVA from the grid then it’s only right that you pay more than someone who only needs 3kVA.

Which is fine apart from when you need to use it yourself (think emergency situation). It might be better for the gîte to have its own dedicated Level 1 outlet; that way they have the convenience but you don’t subsidise your guests travel quite as much, & you can still charge at the same time. An overnight charge at 2,3kW still gives quite a lot of range (say 10 hours @ 2kW = 20kWh; that’s around 130km in my Nissan LEAF).

But you are paying for the extra electricity the grumble is any electric heating we use is for a short time in winter but have to pay for the higher abbonment for 11 months when we would barely use 6kw. By way of example.

@Stella What does your neighbour think of their Citroen Ami? Is it really just for 14 year olds?

Germany is also getting same car but it will be branded Opel there

He uses it to go to the local towns for shopping and for visiting friends…
As we are out in the country, and very hilly country, he decided his bicycle wasn’t quite up to the task (or perhaps he wasn’t… :wink: )

1 Like

Might find an electric bike is actually faster!

I don’t think he’s after speed… more needing supplies etc
and the car means he can take his dog with him too… poor thing does not enjoy being left behind.

As I understand it you also aren’t here all the time…? The heating season is a lot longer than 1 month if you live here. You might benefit from fitting a délesteur.

Hi Badger, Can you explain what’s a differentiel? And when you aay own supply does that mean an extra cable just for EV charging out of the Linky, to its own fusebox separate from the house/garage fusebox(es)

Hi Badger,

Can you explain what’s a differentiel?

And when you say own supply does that mean an extra cable just for EV charging out of the Linky, to its own fusebox separate from the house/garage fusebox(es)

It was just an example Jonathan, plenty of people using heating in France for maybe a couple of months but are stuck with a higher abbonment for the rest of the year its just daft.
If I want to use my welder on the odd occasion, in the UK no problem in France may need to increase the abbonment. Just daft.
Paying for a deselector adding insult to injury,
This just suits the pockets of the electricity companies. Bring on offgrid solar and batteries.

Hum. Surely this is an improvement to the gite? Is, say, half of its building cost tax deductible from gite business? Plus if separately appearing for that circuit on the bill, electricity consumed deductible from profits for that week assuming gite has been let? Possibly a separate charge to guests with a profit element?

Not daft, just different… :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Thank you for your thoughts Karen, but sometimes you do say the blinking obvious!! :slightly_smiling_face:. We have been running our gîte for quite a few years now, and do know what we can and cannot charge against income, and how! (For your info: Many gîtes are run as micro-bics with abatement of 71%, so all you do is enter total turnover on tax return and you are taxed on 29% of it. Therefore it is in your interests to keep the running costs down. We operate on regime reél, so we do offset. But you aren’t allowed to resell electricity at a profit as far as I’m aware).

1 Like

I still disagree. If there was no distinction between those who want large amounts of power & those who simply want a tiny supply for a remote farm building I wonder which way the change to the standing charge would go…? The low user would be penalised. The incentive to keep demand low is also a green measure.

Absolutely!

1 Like

Yes agree and understand the thinking however how many, like me pay a higher abbonment to cover the winter or spikes when using additional equipment occasionally, huge percentage I would bet. When not using the electric heating I could easily use no more the 6kw and most days considerably lower.
Simply paying for what you use is straight forward and doesn’t penalise anyone.
That’s enough on this as we could go on and it is the way it is.
Nuclear isn’t green.

Known in English as a Residual Current Device (RCD). It’s a device that detects an imbalance in current between phase & neutral. If the imblance exceeds the value of the device (for final circuits it’s 30mA in order to protect a human body against dangerous shock) then it trips off, as some fault is causing the current to flow somewhere other than the circuit e.g. through a person who has stuck their fingers in a lampholder.
Compliant domestic installations in France are now required to have one différential for (as a maximum) every 8 circuits. You might be familiar with such a device at the left hand end of every row in your tableau.
An EV charger requires to be fed directly from, ideally, your main tableau but it could come from a sub-board if that board & it’s supply was up to it. It must have it’s own différentiel, which for monophasé must be Type A (or ideally HI), or Type B for triphasé.

Certainly not!

1 Like

Is this still the case? I understood with a Linky you could change your puissance souscrit in 24 hours and for a couple of euros? Do you think each change is subject to a 12 month minimum? If not then surely it’s a good idea to increase it, and pay the higher abonnement for a couple of months, then reduce it back down for the rest of the year, as I say, assuming that’s possible. I must admit I’ve not really looked in detail so I may have the wrong idea.

Interesting point, I have only just got a Linky so don’t know, used to cost about 30€ per switch so you would be spending 60€ going back and forth. Could be I am out of date, anyone?