Prime à la conversion/casse

So our car is needing a bit of work to get it though the CT. I htink we really need to look at this. I’ve just read the info here:
https://www.service-public.fr/particuliers/vosdroits/F35850
It says nothing about it having to be a new car - I think that is the extra €1000 as an eco bonus. So if I’m right that means that it can be 2nd hand. I also can’t see anythign about a limit of price to get the full €5000. Ie can I buy a car for €8000 and still get the €5000??? Feeling exhausted at the moment and stuff not sinking in!

Well we are buying a second hand car and that seems to be fine! The only criteria we have come across is that the car you buy should be less than €60,000!

We are picking up our new old car next week, and the thing that we didn’t realise is that we have to pay the full price and then claim back the prime…the garage will gives us a form to say they have taken our old car apparently. Not sure how long it takes to get money back…

EV max is 27%. So car needs to be a minimum value to soak up all the available subsidy.

Otherwise Citroen Amis would be practically free. It works out only about 1,000 eur off those.

Tesla just lowered the price of one of their cars to get it below 45,000. As above that list price the subsidy substantially reduces.

Don’t forget the scrappage amount if you’ve a car that qualifies that you’ve owned and insured for at least a year, can be added. Also depending where you live some départements are giving extra subsidies (Paris / Île de France being a winner here).

Thanks Karen,

Oh bummer!

Ahhh see that is what I was trying for as we don’t have much spare cash at the moment :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:! The thing is they are never going to get poor folk to change over and get rid of their awful cars if they still need to find X000’s to get one!

so if I found a 2nd hand one for €8000 I’d only get €2160??? Boo hiss - what a shame! Could probably manage the €3000!!

That is the one I’m talking about - the other one is an Eco Bonus for new cars and is €1000 and can be combined with the PdConversion at €5000.

Tory :blue_car:

Dacia Spring new, basic options, will work out at 12,500. The other higher level spec for same works out at 13,500 or so.

Battery guaranteed for 7 or 8 years.

You’d either need to know of a few chargers locally, in case 2 or 3 were out of ordrr, or take the plunge and charge it at home for a bit on standard plug till you can afford a charge point of ypur own (small subsidy for that too). Long delivery time but so’s everything now.

We realised that most new EV cars the price quoted included the EV bonus, so not as reasonable as we thought! So went for second hand even if lower bonus.

No subsidy for a charging point, just credit impôt, and charging at public places costs a bit more.

I get it that the world of motor travel is changing and efforts are being made to switch to battery power from diesel and petrol and some people are passionate about the brave new world of EV’s.
We bought our current diesel car new 5 years ago which should be good for a while longer. My idea is to change it for another new diesel before they are no longer avialable which should then see us out!
I struggle to see a world with enough sockets here there and everywhere sufficient to power all the electric cars and if it is eventually achieved I think my motoring days will be long gone.
Vinyl records gave way to cassettes and CD’s and now vinyl seems to be making a comeback with the changes in between making manufacturers a fortune, perhaps diesel and petrol will make the same comeback?
My Friday night ramblings, and l am tea total, and thick skinned :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

really no tea :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

On the contrary, good for a while yet :coffee::coffee::coffee:

Most will be charging at home, its only those occasional longer journeys that will need and they will have sufficient as the petrol stations of today will become the charging stations of tomorrow.

1 Like

I’m wondering about people who live in flats or terraced houses without their own drives or regular parking spaces. Probably the majority of people, in the UK at least. They won’t be able to run a lead from their house to their car. Will there be a plethora of roadside charging points? Seems unrealistic to me. I’m sure there are clever people working it all out!
Izzy x

1 Like

Our block of flats in Paris has installed a communal point. Not sure how this will work if everyone has an EV but for time being I’m sure it works fine. As I have just learnt the companies installing them will go to resident’s meeting and provide the paperwork to get coprop agreement.

So no doubt the same will happen in UK. Perhaps in the way councils have allocated car parking spaces for car club cars, there will be on street chargers with dedicated spaces.

1 Like

[quote=“Corona, post:91, topic:36099”]
Most will be charging at home, its only those occasional longer journeys that will need and they will have sufficient as the petrol stations of today will become the charging stations of tomorrow.
[/quote)
Taking petrol and diesel out of the equation do you really believe that it is possible to generate enough electricity to power all these vehicles and from what? Perhaps all the hot air coming from the believers will power the wind turbines.

Exactly.
You dont have to be clever to imagine that before long all the street plug ins that will be needed will quickly be abused by clever people who work out how to get electricity for free. The crooks are always ahead of the game. It will all end in tears.

2 Likes

Whilst it is a problem because there are so many hives being built to house the worker bees there are plans to add a charging point to lamp posts. Bearing in mind it seems to be a loss of freedom most people in reality do not use their cars as much as they think. Most sit beside the road for 80% of their lives so once charged there is enough battery for 2 weeks at least, depending on models obviously.
The alternative doesnt bare thinking about. In short we have to stop burning stuff.

I imagine that it won’t be that many years away that it will be rare for people who live in towns and cities to have their own car, and will just use club cars. (Tho’ how that will work in France in Juky/August will be interesting :face_with_hand_over_mouth:)

To me it’s not just that we shouldn’t burn the stuff, but also not being reliant on the OPEC countries. Apart from norway and canada I don’t really want to support their profits.

1 Like

There will never be enough charging points there will be long delays to charge ,all very well saying it only takes half an hour to charge but if you are fifth in the queue the time lost becomes a real problem.
I’m with johnboy !

1 Like

All the anti stuff makes me think of horse and cart owners when the first cars were made, just look at how things have advanced.

1 Like

tell me that when you need to be on the ferry and you have no charge and have to wait

The transition from horse and cart spanned many decades and countries are now banning the manufacture of internal combustion powered cars in less than ten when the alternative is way beyond the means of many.
You have to walk before you run.
Electric transport might have its place but to put all your eggs in one basket is folly and leaves you vulnerable to dominance by whoever’s wants to exploit it which in this case is power suppliers. When they have you by the short and curlies the price goes up and there is diddly squat you can do about it.
Price is led by competition and that means maintaining different types of power sources. Is a world run on electricity really going to be green?

3 Likes

Don’t understand why every single roof in the world (including roofs of buses, cars, vans) isn’t now made of solar panels. From what? Just look up! :grin:

3 Likes