Problem Selling a house ..Try a Feng Shui Solution

Thanks John...but it's way down the bottom of our drive...(we live on a hill)...can't actually see where it reappears...as there are several large trees and shrubs blocking our view.

Hi John...hope you don't mind me cutting in here. We have an underground stream that goes under our drive by the road...it travels along the whole roadside boundery...and reappears a few hundred yards on the other side of the road. The last owners of this house took a long time to sell. However when all's said and done I firmly believe that God's in charge...and we'll move on in His time and not ours. :-)

Since I insisted on keeping the loo seat down...our finances have really improved.Thank you God!!

:-)

John, my wife and I used to have heated discussions (I'm sure you know what I mean) about the lavatory seat. She insisted that it should be left down, I, that I would if I remembered ('though I was struck by the basic unfairness of that: I would have to lift the seat, and then lower it, while she was not encumbered by these disciplines........puerile or what!!!). However, we reached a compromise: both the seat and lid were to be kept down, which, we were assured, would prevent money flowing out of the house (Feng Shui). Despite this, money continues to flow out of the house with the force and velocity of the Hokou Falls. Conclusion: my wife's powers far exceed those of any Chinese system of geomancy. Not sure how she would do in selling houses but would be prepared to charge her out on a consultancy basis (provide, of course, that she was able to come back and do the cooking as daily routine.)

A couple who are often here and are clearly into feng shui themselves have occasionally moved the Buddhas, Ganeshas, Shivas and so forth we have about the house slightly. Perhaps it is time to ask one of them to come to align them all for us...

We have been on the market for 6 and 3/4 years. We have a beautiful chocolate box Perrigordeine (sp)...in tip top condition. Re-wired ...new central heating...fully double glazed...NEW FOSSE SEPTIC...terraces...lovely garden...in two acres of fenced land...with stunning views. We recently dropped the price...and non of our agents...or friends can understand why it still hasn't sold.

So as I do believe in energies...I'm off to the river tomorrow with my little envelope of soil...and a prayer that All of us who want to move on...will do so.

Blessings x

My ex-wife who visited the other week took him as her patron many years ago. She is one of those people who could have become 'famous' and probably very wealthy in her areas of knowledge and expertise but always went for the underdogs and worked with and for them. Her name is Judith, known by most friends as Jude. The patron fits...

You will now see lots of us trudging off to nearby rivers..........!!!!Will report back!

Oops Glenn - re clutter you sound like SWMBO in our house. Personally I think that a tidy desk shows an untidy mind and vice versa (guess where I sit in the equation?).

I don't know anything about Feng Shui in detail, but I am a firm believer in it. When we worked in Budapest there was a client's premises that for some reason was just totally negative, and had 'bad vibes'. He knew it as well, and one day bit the bullet and moved out and into another place that 'faced the right direction'? I was deeply sceptical, but the change was dramatic - and positive.

I also heard of a supermarket in Asia that was having problems and a Feng Shui expert came in and told them to move the entry door to one side of the building - and apparently that worked too.

Hi Peter, this the couple I already told you about. I think they are visiting the area soon, so don't be surprised at a call. Norm

Carol, don't know if this help at all but contact me as I have know a young couple looking around here for a property - a bit far from where you are, but a contact is a contact isn't it? norman.clark@wanadoo.fr

How about St Jude? The patron saint of lost causes.

don't knock St Joseph until you've tried it. We too were sceptical, but sold quickly (ok, in a different market, but we had an 'unusual' house with limited purchase possibilities). If you lower your house price enough anyone will buy it - isn't that what you pay real estate agents fees for? To make sure your house is correctly priced on the current market?

Carol, if I ask my hubby if he'd make you a St Joseph and you could pay postage, would you be interested?

First sensible thing on this page, Peter!

A better solution is for owners (and some agents) to price their properties more realistically.

During the last 2-3 months, we have noticed a significant upturn in the level of serious enquiries. At the same time 8 of our vendors have received offers at the full asking price, (at which level they are obliged to sell).

Not rocket science really....

Gordon Bennett...where am I going to find a St Joseph???? maybe I can do a bit of amateur 'whittling' and bury something that represents St Joseph.....now you have told me this....I will have to try it!

you can also try a statue of St Joseph. Joseph, the carpenter and patron saint of the home, is reputed to speed up the sales process. We were rather sceptical of this but did it anyway when we wanted to sell in New Zealand, and we had a buyer within 3 months. You can either make or buy a St Joseph (hubby made ours as he also is a carpenter) and you bury him or put him in a discreet place close to the house - we put ours in a plastic bag to avoid rotting. Once sold, you must dig him out otherwise it's not good luck.

and when I get to the flat in St Cyprien, Languedoc....I shall chuck a handful of soil into the med....so I will have shared the soil from our premises in the sea, in a river and a canal.....fingers crossed! We are in Newbury John, a way down the canal from Bath...but have friends in Eymet who have a house near Bath...right by the canal....we have walked along it with their dogs!

We actually have an apartment in the UK....I have spent a fair whack of time working back here..leaving OH in our house in France to keep the two acres tidy along with the house. Rather than do things by half...we bought two properties in France...we now have all three properties on the market. I dont think, with the best will in the world, my attitude to selling will make a scrap of difference...I am not there to influence things. I have a couple of people I know who do or did live in the Alsace...very pretty place...and to me doesnt feel like France or Germany...very much its own personality. Excuse me now....just popping downstairs in my UK flat to grab some soil and dump it in the Avon and Kennet canal....(we lack a local river...hope it still works!)