Proud to be British

Thanks for that James, We had a huge storm go over and cut the satellite while this was on, we only caught the last minute or so! Brilliant!

all involved including all the volunteers , all happy and smiling and we now know that the Queen is a good sport - silly Rowan, lovely Emilie Sante, wow, the list goes on and on - all was wonderful,and the nearly floating Olympic flame is out of this world more than 200 copper kettles has been used for this, what a piece of art....Great Britain can indeed be proud.... :)

French/English - the official languages of the OC...

These things were decided in the 19 century, I suppose, when French was still a major world language - especially of diplomacy!

Yeh... I reckon it's Sir Danny Boyle from now on!

We are a quirky bunch us Brits... But, when you see Son et Lumiere style, in a just couple of hours some individual and national achievements...and how much we have 'put in' to the world over many years it does bring a tear to the eye.

I'm having to watch it on catch up in bits as I was doing a bit of 'tasting' (all in the name of 'research' you understand at a beer festival in Ferring - Sussex).

That's a good question Helen, I've no idea though.

Does anyone know why the announcements were in French before English? I am just curious as to why!

Rowan Atkinson was the highlight for me, even the OH laughed and she normally stares blankly at Brit humour.

If you find any good videos from last night ceremony, please post them in the comments here, thanks!

Rowan Atkins was brilliant - and totally unexpected which is what made it all the funnier! And it was fun for all the family because as soon as Twerp saw him it was 'It's Mr Bean!' and he didn't stop laughing at the facial expressions (how DOES Rowan do that by the way, excellent).

I thought the opening theatrics with the smoke chimneys, molten metal etc was bloomin brilliant. I've seen anti-Danny Boyle comments flying around of course (people always have a moan about something) but I thought the whole thing was incredible.

And yes Kwashie, although over here, our Union Jack will be waved around in front of the TV when our favourites are on, so totally agree with you - at times like this I'm extremely proud to be British.

Brilliant! Loved this

Just brilliant. Still laughing at Rowan Atkinson!

Except that Burley's tweet and Romney's big mouth soured it a bit...