Quitas fiscale

Teresa… if you and your husband are going… I can’t see a problem… both take passports, the marriage cert, V5, Bill of Sale from the Leasing company…proof of address in France…and mileage… You may well get the QF in your name… ask nicely…
but, as I have said, somewhere… the QF … can be in one name and the spouse can go on the Carte Grise (organized at time of Registration)

:hugs:

We’ll all need/deserve a stiff drink by tomorrow night I reckon…

1 Like

Thanks. We got our selves a 4 g Internet box today so by Saturday we’ll be shattered!:joy:

1 Like

OH has bought me a new camera for Christmas… arrived at lunchtime… and I’m trying to figure it all out. I always read the instructions (yes, boring, but I do) and they are in French and Dutch… so I’m having a wonderful afternoon …:wink::thinking:

1 Like

There are real advantages in registering the car in both of your names.
Stella, instructions for electronic gadgets can be found online in English.

2 Likes

Yes David… OH has already downloaded it onto his Nexus… 300+ pages …in case I need to refer to it when we are away on a trip or whatever…

The little French/Dutch booklet has succumbed to my charms… it has revealed its secrets. The camera is on charge… I’m ready to format the card…as soon as the battery is full… and tomorrow morning I shall be out clicking at everything in sight… :hugs:

2 Likes

Just seen a very nice man at Nontron who told us apologetically that we have to go to Periguex for our quitus fiscale. He even rang his colleague to double chk.
So having a café and regrouping on Monday.
All fun in la belle France!

Good grief… how bizarre… did he say “why”…you have to go to Perigueux… I’m just wondering if Brantôme is outside the Nontron “catchment”… :thinking:

Not good , but somewhat comforting… to know that even the Big Boys in Nontron are possibly not up to date with the changes… :thinking:

Yes, although I wasn’t completely surprised as Periguex is our ‘capital’ as it were. I think if we crossed the main road and were in Cantillac a mile away we would be classed as Nontron.
The guy was very apologetic and very nice and said all our documents were good so that helped.

1 Like

OK… thanks for clearing that up…

So, Perigueux is where you would have made your first Declaration of Income… except, I suppose, you have not been here long enough for that … ??

So, from that, folk can work out for themselves, where they need to go…

I’ll try and find a map which shows the financial regions (or whatever)…

1 Like

Its not that simple. We have a tax office in our local town but they no longer deal with QFs. Tax returns can be dealt with locally, the QF is a 130km round trip.

Poor you David… it is obviously different in some parts of France… :thinking:

For new folk… it is worth finding out where they have to go to make their first Declaration… and they can check if that is also the place for Quitus Fiscal… have to start somewhere… :thinking:

1 Like

Not a problem really, I don’t expect to be importing any more cars although I suppose next time I might look at Germany.

That will probably be easier… but, who knows…:thinking:

Hello
I am about to start the process of registering my car here too. I hadn’t realised I needed to show how I acquired it!
It is a 12 year old honda jazz, my Dad’s last car, he had a heart attack and couldn’t drive any more…I insisted paying him something but don’t have an invoice. He died in 2009. I guess all I can do is explain the situation at the tax office and see what they say.
Also, at the controle technique centre I was told that although I don’t need to change the lights, the little stickers that I have in place already are ok, the fog light needs to be on the correct side, presumably not the side it’s on now. I am hoping it will not be complicated or expensive to change it.
At Roady they told me they can do a pre CT check of the car for 29 euros, has anyone used this?
Many thanks for any assistance anyone can offer.

Why not visit your local garage and ask their advice about the fog light and a pre-CT check… at the same time…

If your name on the V5 that will be enough. The only time that I had to show a receipt was when I bought a Véhicule de Collection that wasn’t registered anywhere. The vehicles that I brought with me when I moved to France all had registration documents in my name.

If you use the Search engine (magnifying glass) you can locate all the threads about importing cars to France.

Run you eye down the Cars/Motoring/Insurance category as well.

I recently re-registered a “new beetle” for my OH. Only one reversing and one fog light, but it passed the CT with no problem. I think, but not sure, having them on the “european” side may be for newer cars.

Don’t worry about not having a receipt of purchase for a 12 year old car.

Thanks all for your helpful comments. Support like this really help me as I tend to worry about every new thing concerned with settling here. I will go to the tax office tomorrow morning to see if I can obtain the quittus there or have to go to a bigger office.

3 Likes

We’ve just returned from the SIE in Periguex. A small queue at reception as a very large building. We were directed to the 1st floor where a nice guy photocopied our documents, they were already photocopies but I let him as it may save me a job later.
Anyway he wrote out the form, put our mileage in miles and all done.

1 Like