Recommendations for interior paint brands?

My Action carries two ranges of interior paint: Home Vision and Spectrum - as well as some more expensive Dulux.

Does anyone have any views about the pluses and minuses of e two discount brands, please?

Hi Brian, Spectrum is actually not a budget brand in Germany. It is considered better than most apart from Alpina. I won’t use anything else other than home made limewash.

Hmmmph! I’d never heard of Action so I had a look on-line and found why I had never heard of it. I think the nearest one is many hundreds of km from here…
Hmmmph…

Thanks Gudrun - it sounds as if Spectrum is the one to choose…

I’ll have to have a look, pretty sure that is what mine is. Really good to know that!

I still haven’t braved making home made lime wash but need to for my downstairs lime rendered walls no they are nice and dry (well they shoul dbe as must be 3 years since I did them :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:). Presuming I can’t use it though on plasterboard / over already painted surface @Soggydoggy ???

Angela - they seem to be in every town close to me but I just checked online and unless you live within a 150km radius of Ruffec then you’re out of luck. :frowning_face:

1 Like

I’m so sad for you Angela - I LOVE Action!!! Great for so many things, lovely wrapping paper, cards, craft supplies, house bits and pieces, huge bags of crispy fried onions, gardening stuff, DIY stuff (LOVE LOVE LOVE thier masking tapes, in particular one that has plastic attached to protect your beams!). I have one 25 minutes in one direction and another 35 in another direction!

1 Like

Hmmph… :frowning:

Don’t be sad, I’m sure one will open near you soon, they are just exploding in France at the moment considering they only arrived a few years ago!

It will take a while, I think. What puzzles me is that, whereas they are almost all down your way, there appear to be a few to the north of us in the Somme. Odd that…

IJ agree, I was just looking at the map and the whole top corner is Action free :rofl: They are looking for spaces though so send them some details of a retail park near you :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

I will have to go for a nosey, I didn’t know there were any around us.
They look like a store comparable with B&M in the UK, I only found out a couple of weeks ago that B&M were across here as well.

I went to my local Action this week and bought a 4litre tub of the Spectrum white wall paint - it was 11.99€.
It looks, smells, applies and covers just like the remainder of a tin of Dulux Professional matt white that I had left over.

Thanks for the recommendation, Gudrun @Soggydoggy !

1 Like

Oh that’s a different one, I got the huge 10L tub I think it is €14,99. I wonder if they are the same. I’m going up to look if it is Spectrum!

Mine is not the same brand! Homevision matt white wall paint.

And how does the Homevision paint perform?
I went for Spectrum after Gudrun’s ringing endorsement :blush:

We have just tried to use Action paint on the walls with a roller. Unfortunately it wasn’t good so instead reverted to Brico Dépôt Good Home colour mix version which was much better but also 6x the price.

That’s odd. I’ve just used a roller with mine and it was fine. Were you using the Spectrum or Homevision variant, Mat?

I don’t know it was 11 euros ish for 10 litres.

It was too thick for rolling.