Reconfinement; here we go again/Macron /Castex et al

The word on the street is reconfinement from midnight Thursday. Pasta sales up 30%, toilette rolls 20% :rofl:

2 Likes

In which areas?

1 Like

Good timing for me then just picked up a big pack today

1 Like

Maybe this tells us
https://www.thelocal.fr/20201027/breaking-macron-to-announce-new-covid-19-restrictions-for-france

1 Like

Talking about the whole of France, Macron explaining everything on TF1 20h tomorrow :wink:

Live debate/updates/leaks on BFM, LCI et la.

1 Like

This is not going to going to go down well with especially the under 30s

1 Like

Judging from the behaviour around me Iā€™m not surprised. Few masks in the streets, lots of hand shaking and bises all round. Everyone (including me) got a bit too blasĆ© over the summer. I guess itā€™s spring and/or a vaccine is available before weā€™ve some semblance of freedom again. Grim.

3 Likes

Thereā€™s no doubt for me that all this could be contained, with people just being sensible. Wash your hands, keep your distance, and wear a feckin mask, its not hard. The times Iā€™ve been in situations where this has been ignored, its not surprising, even in the bloody doctors.

5 Likes

I was in the emergency room 3 weeks ago most of the the doctors and nurses did not have the mask on properly they had them pull down down under the nose

1 Like

Its a bloody joke, they think its not going to happen to them

What rankles the most is that those of us who have been sensible are subject to the same rules as the reckless and we will be penalised for their actions.
As @boilerman says, it really isnā€™t hard to wash oneā€™s hands and keep a safe distance. As someone who wears spectacles the mask is a nuisance when itā€™s causing oneā€™s glasses to steam up all the time, but then itā€™s better than being in intensive care.
I do think that it is a pity that many people do not seem to realise that wearing a mask is supposed to be in addition to social distancing, and not instead of it.

As with many things in our rural location, part of the problem is a complete lack of enforcement of the rules by the powers that be. The bar in our village is within sight of the Mairie and less than 10 metres from the door of the Boulangerie. The members of the village council come and go every day to the bread shop, and must see the routine infractions relevant to social distancing that take place both outside and inside the bar, and yet they do NOTHING about it. What makes matters even worse is that the bar is actually owned by the Mairie !

All in all I think itā€™s really sad that so many people canā€™t seem to live their lives without going out to get drunk on Friday and Saturday nights. My vote would be to bring back sensible ā€˜licensed hoursā€™ and have the bars all shut by 11pm. Letā€™s face it; 4 hours in the bar should be sufficient for anyone.

3 Likes

Can only agree, Robert, first customer of the day left his mask around his neck this morning, last customer yesterday said the law about not covering your face in shops is higher than the dĆ©cret enforcing masks so he doesnā€™t have to wear oneā€¦! Not easy being a commerƧant trying to enforce the rules and protect everyone, not least my family and employee!

Good griefā€¦ what plonkers they areā€¦

incidentally, Iā€™m sure it was officially debated already and found that mask wearing IS the higherā€¦ something to do with health/national emergencyā€¦ canā€™t recall now, but it was an interesting readā€¦

1 Like

article has been updated September 2020ā€¦

and, of course, more edicts have come out since thenā€¦

1 Like

ā€¦ and before I can type a reply, another customer without a mask. He did appologise but thatā€™s a bit light weight given the situation but itā€™s my quotidien. Morning coffee with mates when delivering the paper to the bar here, there were only two of us wearing masks, me and an infirmier, everyone else was maskless and thatā€™s been going on since the start of all this!

and folk wonder why itā€™s getting worseā€¦

I do understand your dilemma ā€¦ and wish you all the luck in the world.

2 Likes

Are they not obligatory when going into shops? Maybe you should sell them at the door, couple of ā‚¬ eachšŸ˜‰

1 Like

I quite agree and now in UK here is all this hoohah about Christmas.
It seems that people will have to go onto Tier three and then they are going to totally ignore everything for Christmas and the merry go round starts again.
We are off to the dentist in Cluny and I am sure masks and hand sanitiser will be obligatory there.
Our village is, according to the Sante Publique map, free of Covid and we all take precautions nevertheless.

Yes they are, Iā€™ve got 5 posters up with the compulsory measures, sell masks in the shop too. But ā€œyou can take the man out of the bog but you canā€™t take the bog out of the manā€ in 8 years in the shop Iā€™ve been threatened, asked to come outside to sort things out, had full-on slanging matches with drunks/drugged up peopleā€¦!

Havenā€™t been able to finish the message before having yet another non customer without a mask!!!