Reconfinement; here we go again/Macron /Castex et al

I would start a new thread on this Dave - you just might reach somebody able to help, either practically or with advice, etc.

In the present circumstances maybe somebody on here with gites would be willing to set up a 6-month tenancy just to get you over the line. I think we would be happy to do this (would need to ask the family of course) but our gites are all around our courtyard here and don’t have separate utility etc connections, so maybe would miss some of the proof required for residency? And we’re in central Brittany.

You’ll also have to look at the detail to be released today with the new travel attestations etc. May be worth mentioning though that in the last lockdown, here deep in the countryside, we didn’t see a gendarme over the whole period!

Indeed. This is a very troubling time for everybody but it does seem that the new registration website the French have so obligingly created to such good effect is making that aspect of living in France mercifully efficient and low stress. Most reports on this forum report in and out, job done, chop-chop.

I’m not sure what the already-settled and CdJ’d can do for us Tail End Charlies but the key thing is accommodation that ticks the box of a formal presence, a pukka contract of rental, gites and Air BnB being inadequate in that regard.

So, old hands, if you hear of a gite owner who wants to convert nine months of very little to nothing into a formal rental for the next 6-8 months, to claw something back for the lost income of 2020, I’d be glad to hear of it - along with any regular rental available. In my c ase in Manche/Calvados.

On travel, by the way, my daughter’s university friends are all assuming that the ‘return from toussaint’ mention in Macron’s speech means that there will be no problems with travel until Monday 2 November. We’ll be taking my daughter back on Sunday.

1 Like

and that will surely count as essential travel for family reasons… as it would have last time… ???

It can’t hurt to have the Attestation in your pocket… we’ve still got blank A’s from the last time… all ready to complete every time we step outside… :wink:

New attestations not out yet, waiting for them to be released so I can print them off: big demand already in my shop!

1 Like

Will I be able to move house after lockdown please? I live alone and after the move will still live alone.
I am hoping to move mid November having paid the house owners the rent demanded.
Thanks for any help.
Martin

Can’t see that they will vary much… I’m not going to waste paper… I’ll use what we have for the moment…

and, not intending to go far anyway.

You, on the other hand, have a valid reason… and preparing even a handwritten Attestation if you wish to … shows willing and puts you in a good light, if you are questioned…

plus, as you say, folk will be treated gently this weekend if they do need to be out and about…

it’s a difficult time all round… are folk wearing their masks today ??? :upside_down_face:

1 Like

all masked up, for the moment, today :smiley:

but people see me as their local citizens’ advice bureau : can we do this, can we do that, will the market still take place tomorrow, are you staying open, have you got the new attestations yet… j’en peux plus déjà…!

3 Likes

Last time planned house moves were allowed zi believe.

But remember Andrew - the fact that your customers see you that way shows how highly they value you.

3 Likes

Thanks Jane.
I still have the original forms where you have to state where you are driving from and where to and hope that suffices.
Martin (I go under my middle name)

New attestations available on the TousAntiCovid app

@Stella - someone round here got fined during the last lockdown for using the old attestation when the updated one was in force so I suggest you use yours up as shopping lists / notepaper and use the new version instead. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I don;'t have twitter, but seeing the type of people who use it for putting out their own messages, it is people who do not want to accept that it is a social duty to think of others.
Is Liberte vanquishing Fraternite?

1 Like

Many thanks Geoff, I’ll definately bear your offer in mind! Being flexible seems well advised. I’ll start a post on last minute residence and my researches to date on what constitutes acceptable residence. For example, I had a 1-1 following an online ‘place in the sun’ presentation with an english lady who runs an estate agency in brittany and she specifically said Gite accomodation could be risky for satisfying residency coz. it could be viewed as a holiday and not permanent - they could check if it’s registered as such? She did also say the EDF bill is the best ‘gold’ standard!

Try telling them You have covid and for their protection they should put a mask on :shushing_face:

What type of shops are open this time around?

Everyone will do as they think fit… not everyone will have the TousAntiCovid app (I don’t) … and for the short term I think that folk doing their best will not be jumped on from a great height. :upside_down_face:

EDIT: My comments were made in reply to @an_droo 's possible dilemma this weekend and I specifically said “for the moment” (ie as from Friday morning) with regard to my own situation.

Last confinement, the Mairie arranged for Attestations to be available… printing out one hundred at a time… and they will probably b e doing the same asap… meantime… I will need an Attestation to get to the Mairie… :wink: :wink:

Shopping is not on the official list of reasons to leave the house. Have the app installed, but the attestation is much narrower than last time.

1 Like

Bettina… it’s apparrently similar to last March… but with tweeks to keep us more in check

but I think shopping is allowed…

Andrew, I take it you don’t serve those people that enter your shop without a mask?