Reconfinement; here we go again/Macron /Castex et al

There may be a few people disrespecting the rules in cities, but not the majority. End of last week beginning of this one, I had to spend 4 days in Paris, I have a company car so no public transport, my colleagues aren’t so lucky, the trains, metros & bus are full, difficult to distance 6" let alone 3’.
Cherchez l’erreur !

3 Likes

My thoughts exactly, national lockdown and as for the compensation it should be paid by the government as if it was at war. The costs of wars are far higher than anything this virus can thow at us.

1 Like

Made little sense allowing people to go to work and schools are still open makes no sense Makes no sense so the kids and the parents can spread it true work and school

1 Like

And teachers are expendable.

1 Like

Hopefully not…

The question is whether people will accept another month of going to work/school and absolutely nothing else…

Can I drive by to the UK on Tuesday to get home?

Yes, you’ll just need an attestation.

Where do I get that? Can it be on a phone and do I need a Covid test as well? Is there a government site with this information?

You can print your own

Already much hate for Macron on Twitter for this.

The attestations will be here, but not yet updated. Wait till tomorrow.

https://mobile.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites/L-actu-du-Ministere/Attestation-de-deplacement-et-de-voyage

1 Like

The young are really mad on social media now it’s like a last stab in the back and this started long before covid

They all seem to be entering France rather than leaving

I’m due off the ferry at Caen on Friday morning. I have an AirBnB booked in deep country south of St Lo. As we speak and continuing, I am trying to organise a flat to rent somewhere in Manche/Calvados. Anywhere will do and I have a handful of faves. A French pal, based in Paris, is helping. This by way of getting my feet under the table in FR by Dec 31st 23:59, so that I can apply for residency.

The prospects are looking a good deal less promising than when I got up this morning.

I suppose the m.o. of this version of lockdown will become more evident as the days go on. When my flat in Valencia was on sale during the Spanish Phase 0, nobody came to view. Once we were in the very limited Phase 1, the agent started bringing people round.

The only good news I’ve had today is that the pal who is due to pick me up from Bristol airport does not have the pox. He spent all day recently with someone ‘with a slight sniffle’ who was admitted to emergency today with low O and lungs-full… My friend was told to iso for 10 days if no symptoms.

Sadly for his friend but happily for him the friend has a blood clot, not Covid…

These are indeed very trying times. I might just make it in time. I would dearly like to.

Good luck with that

Here are others, have a google for what you want on the gouv.fr website

https://mobile.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites/L-actu-du-Ministere/Attestations-de-deplacement-couvre-feu

Here in Vendee there seems to be a behavioural trait that is considerably at odds with the concept of social distancing, and which may be in part a reason why the new confinement is necessary.
I refer here to the apparent need for French people to stand very close together when talking to one another. From what I observe of the locals it seems that ‘personal space’ is only about a forearm in length, whereas in the UK it is more usually a full arms length at least.
When speaking to a French person in the street I am constantly having to back away from them in order to try and maintain the 1 metre distance, and they still keep advancing closer even when asked not to do so. No doubt the habits of a lifetime are very hard to break, but it’s almost as if they take it as a personal affront if one talks to them from further away than they are comfortable with.
Perhaps what is needed is a barage of government information adverts that show that it really is OK to talk to one another from a bit further away, and that it is not a sign that someone thinks that the other person smells bad.

1 Like

Hi Captain Endeavour, which is a good name for what you and I are about. I too need to make it to France and establish my CdS rights, been thinking of starting a post or thread? - to my mind the biggest issue for a few persons on this site as most already here in France? I had organised flights booked for Nice for a week of property searching and nil responses to requests so with lockdown today have bailed with the fortunately 24 hour cancellation policies of those airlines still in the air as opposed to yours floating.

I think your text “I might just make it in time. I would dearly like to” sums up what that post might be. I wouldn’t want “Good luck with that”, I’d want help like pointers to helpful agencies, websites (morning croissant any good?), local connections and friends looking to help out …?

As you mention, time is ticking and the doomsday clock is 100 seconds to midnight. Hopefully brexit not that bad .

Thank you Jane and al above