Reglo Mobile registering SIM issues - Is REGLO any good?!

Hi there - banging my head against a brick wall here - anyone any suggestions for the following problem.

I purchased a SIM card from Reglo on line - it duly appeared and it all looked straight forward - except I never received a phone number for the SIM - nothing in the paperwork or on the email confirming my payment. Nothing appears in the settings for my phone number - although the SIM can be seen as I can change the PUK code.

I assumed that following the link to register the SIM would give me the number - Alas, no, as one of the compulsory fields is providing your phone number. I have used my landline number, a French friend said to use their mobile number. All of these options produce the same result. Error etc.

I have been to Leclerc and spoken to someone there - they cannot help and referred me to Reglo Customer services, who were equally unhelpful saying I must contact their WEB assistance. That is not as easy as it sounds. I must have rung at least twenty times, each time being either 2 or 3 in the queue, then Iā€™m told Iā€™m next at which point an announcement comes saying there are many people waiting and to try again later - and Iā€™m cut off. What no one seems to grasp is that I donā€™t have a number and without it I cannot proceed to register the SIM without it.

Iā€™m wondering if i should just cut my losses as I have, so far, only laid out 12ā‚¬ - and go for another provider who might be a little more efficient - unless of course someone has any other suggestions!

I can look at my Reglo packaging a bit later but feel sure the number is on or near the sim card (mine from ELeclerc but that shouldnt make any difference. At least in the shop they insisted in helping me get it set up quickly which was nice and unusual in my experience.

Welcome Bill.

When Iā€™ve had any technical issue with Reglo I call their Customer service number and then ask to be put straight through to Service Techniqueā€¦they seem to know exactly what the issue is and resolve it quickly and efficiently. For example I couldnā€™t get roaming when in the UK, they diagnosed the problem (which customer service and Leclerc in store misdiagnosed) and hand held me through the technical steps to correct the situation. Customer service generally needed a little persuasion to put me through to Service Technique.

If that doesnā€™t work, Iā€™m told that French utilities are more sensitive than previously to adverse comments posted on theTrustpilot siteā€¦the hint that you may feel obliged to comment might get some movement.

Iā€™ve used reglo for several years and am happy overall.

If you can remember the steps I would be grateful, didnt get it for roaming but would be handy :+1:

If you google thereā€™s a short key sequence that works on most phones to acces ā€œmemory location #1ā€ where the phone number of currently active SIM will be.

It might even be just #1 dialled the same way as a phone number. ie you type #1 then Enter or Call button. But not too much googling, will successfully find it.

It may have a token starter credit so you could send an sms to another phone and see where it comes from on that other phone.

Lastly ensure youā€™ve inserted the sim into the phone the right way up and with the cut-off corner aligned with the cut-off corner in the sim tray.

I thought that the number is on the sim card but examining four different operatorsā€™ cards only one has the phone number printed on the outer part of the card . However, I do recall the letters that came with the sim did have the phone number.

Here are the steps to enable your phone to roam with Reglo:-

Settings
Mobile network (RĆ©glo)
Advance settings
Access Point
APN name: Afone Internet Mobile

Then up comes a page with numerous fields - you only need to complete/add the details below to the named fields below (eg MCC), any field that is not named below, you can ignore.

APN s12sfr
MCC 208
MNC 10
APN type default
Authentication type PAP APN protocol IPv4 APN roaming protocol IPv4

Hope this helps. If not, calling Reglo and asking to be put through to service technique and ask to be sent a file that will automatically do the above also worked.

1 Like

Thanks George, same steps I had to do for Lebara in the opposite dirrction( obviously different text though)

On their website it says ā€œVotre numĆ©ro de tĆ©lĆ©phone vous est transmis par SMS, vous pouvez aussi le connaĆ®tre en composant depuis votre mobile le 6772 .ā€ Presumably you have tried that.
If the SMS did not arrive and dialling 6772 does not work, are you sure you are getting a signal on your phone?

Thanks for the response- there was nothing apart from the usual codes on the sim holder and sim, so I drew a blank there, sadly. The shop here in Carcassone couldnā€™t help, which is a tad weird I thought.

Hi, trouble is, no network - I tried that number but it failed.

Hi, checked that - no numbers displayed. SIM card is in correct way as I can change the SIM pin

have you gone into Parameters then Networks then tried to Select RĆ©seau manually or automatically? On Manual It should show you what network signals it sees, and you can choose each in turn and try to find which it will connect to.

Many people are happy with Reglo but from what I understand Reglo piggybacks only on the SFR network - which has no signal in quite a few places including here!

We originally got Reglo through Leclerc in our local town then discovered the issue with the SFR network. No signal in/around our house. The woman in Leclerc was very helpful and we got our money back. So we are now with Sosh which is Orangeā€™s cheap online option. Works perfectly.

I have had no problem with Reglo on my own mobile, and didnā€™t do anything when I went to UK last year, it just continued to work as normal.

But, my wifeā€™s mobile which hasnā€™t been used at all for years but I keep current as its so cheap, just in case, and check every Sunday to re-charge if it falls below ā‚¬5, wouldnā€™t even give me a balance last Sunday and just said ā€˜emergency calls onlyā€™.

Iā€™ll try it again next Sunday but if the same thing happens Iā€™ll just let it die a death.

Some services require a phone call every few months just to keep the service connected, had this with a CCTV camera which wasnt triggered in months although they did keep taking the money, I only noticed after a routine check.

But I do make a call, every Sunday, to them, for the balance. :roll_eyes:

Ok then disregard what I said, wonder what the cause is? Switch it off and then on again?

Donā€™t know, but it has happened once before, and the call was answered the following Sunday.
Canā€™t wait till Sunday, what an exciting life I lead these days. :joy:

1 Like

Maybe just a bad signal then?