Residency Online Applications

I certainly am Andrew, I started the process, French test, in 2016 and then decided against even though I passed that hurdle and indeed didn’t need to. :roll_eyes:

But I am wondering why you mention it, did you, perhaps, misread my word ‘nationally’, for ‘nationality’? :wink:

Spardo yes you are right of course and perhaps as another poster said it would be considerate of those whose rights are firmly established to let the new arrivals apply first.
But for those who have arrived very recently and have any concerns about their application it might be risky heading back to the uk for a long period because what if covid gets bad and borders are closed.
If I was a new arrival and had concerns over whether I would be regarded as exercising freedom of movement as opposed to visiting I think I would sit tight and ask for my cds in May or June when I had more gathered more paperwork.

ha ha, exactly… faut pas lire vite fait et répondre entre deux clients !

2 Likes

I do agree, but our own circumstance is a little different, having originally had a CdS for 10 years to allow me to live and work here, I was then badly advised (by the sub-prefecture) about the category that I should apply for. As a result my rdv, obtained at very short notice in 2016, was cancelled without proper notice (by poorly worded email) but confirmed still live by phone, which meant that I did a 100 km round trip for nothing.

So my opinion of Perigueux is poor to say the least and if this latest is national, rather than departemental, I welcome it but want to take no chances.

@an_droo. :laughing: :laughing: I thought so.

1 Like

Jane,
Three Charities have been given Grant Funds to help applicatons for CdS with applications. https://www.gov.uk/government/news/uk-government-allocates-3-million-to-support-uk-nationals-in-the-eu
One is based in Dordogne and caters for residents there, presumably the source of your confusion? They are:
1 International Organisation for Migration based in Brittany for residents of Brittany, Normandy and Ile de France.
2 Franco-British Network for residents of Dordogne.
3 SSAFA for Armed Forces Veterans in France, (and Germany and Cyprus)

Hope that helps

1 Like

I wonder what happens if you don’t live in Brittany, Normady, Ile de France or Dordogne or are not a vet. Seems odd to make it so set placed.

1 Like

As soon as the new system comes online… there’ll be lots of advice and help flowing from all quarters… and onto this forum…

All will be well… :wink: :relaxed:

2 Likes

I think the phone lines are there mainly to help older folk who are not very computer savvy (or indeed may not have one at all) so less likely to have access to forums on line.

Thanks David, but I was mistakenly referring to an earlier post about the préfecture in Dordogne suddenly opening up appointments for CdS.

I’m not confused as have a CdS and don’t believe I will have a problem in exchanging it.

Also, I posted details of one of the help services in August…

“Or there is a new team set up specifically to help with Brexit residency issues. You could contact them for clarification

“The team consists of Elizabeth, who works as the case worker and previously worked at the British

You can contact them on email at UKnationalsFR@iom.int or by phone [0 809 549 832](tel:0 809 549 832)Monday and Tuesday 2pm to 4pm or Wednesday and Thursday between 10.30am and 12.30pm. Calls are charged at the local rate.

1 Like

quite possibly.

In our commune, we have things in place to help everyone do it online… when the time comes…

and I’m sure there will be other communes… doing similarly…

Thank you, Jane. Had not spotted your post about iom. At least you have given the opportunity to outline the three help agencies available.

Not odd really, perhaps these were the only charities to apply? I’ll wait to see the online site when it goes live, to see if I have need of advice, if I do I just hope it is better advice than that which I recieved before. :roll_eyes:

There was quite a lot of social media rubbish abounding in the past about there being no need to even think of getting a CdS but those that ignored that and submitted their dossiers will soon profit from making a good call - if all goes to plan…

1 Like

oups… :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Sorry, I couldn’t help it!
Also this version by Manhattan Transfer… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEAtDmTbpu4

1 Like

You beat me to it Fleur, :laughing:

But @graham, agreed, it wasn’t social media from whence came my rubbish advice, but from the sub-prefecture. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

The Brittany one set up by UK embassy team makes clear that it is nationwide, just happens to be located there.

1 Like

Keeps going back because the government can’t make up its mind!

They could have issued us with CdS months ago if they were inclinded to do so. But they didn’t.

Even if you can apply when the site opens the French government only undertakes to provide a CdS on or before the end of June 2021.

EU27s in the UK are able to get their “CdS” now despite the UK’s hostile environment for immigrants.

Why can’t France, and the other EU27 nations, do the same?

Website opens next Thursday.