Revoke Article 50 Petition and Remain in the Eu Petition

On the BBC news site there is a link to this petition. We have signed it. There are over a million signatures up to now. https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/2415

1 Like

Hello Carol…

We’ve been watching (and voting) today… it’s on another Brexit thread…

Brexit Vote, what next…

but the more the merrier…

Just in case people are looking for it the link is

3 Likes

Site has fallen over again but one and a quarter million votes now.

It may be worth reminding people that

A Commons spokesman said signature patterns are investigated to check for fraudulent activity and suspect signatures are removed, including those that are “clearly bots”.

He added: “Anyone who is a UK resident or a British citizen can sign a petition. This includes British citizens living overseas.”…

1 Like

Opinions vary, some feel all May would have to do would be send a letter.

Over a million and a three quarters now.

It is a pity that the petition itself won’t change much - Andrea Leadsom commented

which misses several points but clearly illustrates the low opinion that Leadsom has for the petition.

Which is in keeping with how they are generally viewed I am afraid.

May has also confirmed she has no intention of revoking A50.

So, the EU offer is extend to May 22 if May’s deal accepted next week.

If not to go back with plan B by April 12.

Check out the latest Yougov poll (ok, a number of days ago, but it is the latest).
VERY strong Remain sentiment - especially page 5.

If there were a public vote, and the choice were to
stay in the EU or leave on the Brexit terms
negotiated by the Government, how would you
vote?
Stay in in the EU 47%
Leave the EU on the terms negotiated by the
Government 32%
Would not vote 10%
Don’t know 10%
Refused 2

The decision/s made in Brussels last night were somewhat ironic, those that wanted to ‘take back control’ have had to watch the EU do just that.:grinning:

2,451,828 and rising

What’s a bit odd is that the count for the UK is only half of the total at 1,261,367 (you need to click the “json data” link at the bottom).

Just over 10k votes originating in France

Sadly I don’t have time for any further analysis.

1 Like

Its interesting data - there is 1 vote from North Korea - 2 from Venezuela :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

You can see returns from diferent contituencies Braintree (mine) has 1279 not particularly high at first glance.

Geolocation by IP is an imprecise science.

No, what surprised me was that, at a glance, the non-UK signatories don’t look as though they will add to 1.2 million.

Would interesting to look into it, if there really is a discrepancy I wonder if the json data has been cleaned.

Might the use of a VPN throw the origin count?

Definitely, but still a possible hole in the numbers.

I have signed, had to go to a friend’s house to do so as still without Internet and 'phone … the journey was worthwhile as I have been offered lunch :wink:

2 Likes

Should reach 3 million later today at this rate.

1 Like

Has now surpassed 3m

The UK total in the Json data hasn’t changed, I wonder if the per-country counts are being updated.

1 Like

Will it change the minds that matter though even if 30 million sign?