Rishi Sunak

“Downing Street cat Larry glues himself to the floor in protest at Rishi Sunak…”

Shamelessly stolen from raretvandfilm on Facebook

8 Likes

I might have felt the same, but as he’s not in charge of the country just a mouthpiece for the erg & his city financial mates, he doesn’t have a great deal to think about. There’s equally no point in me wondering what he’ll do because, unlike Johnson, he will do exactly as he’s told, but somewhat less embarrassing to look at, apart from his bloody trousers. I can only think it’s so he can show off his large collection of expensive shoes.

2 Likes

It seems to be the fashion, work with lots of younger people same look to their trousers. :flushed:

IMO, almost certainly.

1 Like

I must be showing my age, when I was at school folk were mocked for pants flying at half mast :joy:

Me too :joy: its a bit like the half completed hair cuts.

1 Like

could have been worse… :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

We called them ‘flood pants’. Sightly less funny in these times :unamused:

That’s his next look to show he’s down with the kids and totally gets it. Really looking forward to him having Prada emblazoned on his shoes :rofl:

Not heard that one before but could come in handy these days.

in my youth, I wore pedal-pushers… and still like the style… very comfortable…

I’m a bit too tall to feel comfortable in pedal pushers or the modern ones that flap/stop around your calf, but at least they’re meant to be short in the leg.

I don’t know if I’ve missed who was appointed as Minister for Brexit Opportunities but shouldn’t it be Boris!!!

I’m the opposite, so short that sometimes what are supposed to be 3/4 length look like just too short full length :rofl:

1 Like

You probably know this book but in case you don’t…

2 Likes

There has been no ministerial appointment to that portfolio…
in spite of Sunak being an acknowledged Brexiteer.

To illustrate/explain the attitude/hypocrisy: There is a wonderful joke about a visit to hell and being shown around by the devil. There were three deep holes in the ground with flames and all quite terrifying and then as the visitor finally peered down the third and last hole, he noticed a difference - there was a ladder! He was quite surprised and asked why it was there, was it not a risk, after all? The devil replied something to the effect: ‘Don’t be daft, they’d never let anyone climb out!’
I will leave it to you to embroider and fill out this story, but in effect, there is the explanation of such an attitude.

Interesting threat - funny how it doesn’t apply to the government members!

Thank you for reminding me of this. I cannot find my old copy so ordered a new ‘old’ one on WoB, along with a couple on Pagnol’s childhood to cheer me up. Nothing quite like a good book! :nerd_face:

1 Like