Rishi Sunak

Actually I think it’s a pragmatic way of getting rid of her when she fails to achieve her objectives. The whole Rwanda project’s doomed and she’s not going to be able to reduce the number of illegal Channel crossings, even though they’ll presumably decrease during the winter months.

What I don’t understand is why someone whose parents were Indian immigrants to Africa, who later emigrated to the UK, is so against immigration. Is it a case of pulling up the ladder after you’re onboard, or (more likely) is it a case of Indians looking down on other Asians and Africans. Either way, it stinks of hypocrisy.

4 Likes

I do wonder when France will elect a President of (say) Algerian descent, or Netherlands from East Indies, or Spain of South American heritage. Remarkable and very pleasing that nothing but positive has been made of Sunak’s Indo Asian heritage.

That should not be questionable.

It’s because she is a psychopath

2 Likes

Ah well, that should help keep the numbers down…

Jarvis for PM!

2 Likes

Bring on the general election!
:broom:

5 Likes

I don’t like or dislike Sunak, even though I probably disagree with much of what he stands for.

I’m simply glad tha the UK has probably got someone with fairly similar values to Macron and who won’t be an embarrassment (sartorially or intellectually).

In these late times, it’s probably as much as we dare hope for (slightly ironic, but only just. I’ve no idea what that emoji looks like, but would in any case rather use words).

3 Likes

I’ve never met him, but he seems to align himself with groups whose policies I dislike intensely. Consequently, I suspect I would probably not like him as a person.

Ouch :scream:

Hopefully Macron will point him in the direction of a good tailor, one that doesn’t have his trouser legs flapping in the breeze!

I would much rather he interested himself in matters more urgent right now, plenty of time for tailoring later. Even if he got dressed in the dark he would look better than Boris ever could.

1 Like

6 Likes

Braveman’s back for security breaches that would get anyone else fired.

This is someone that has security clearance for Britain’s most sensitive defence strategy documents.

As a young apprentice at BAe Dynamics (bombs and missiles) who had to sign the Official Secrets Act to use Restricted and Secret design documents to work on various projects, I had a briefing from the local Special Branch Liaison Officer which consisted of “Any accidental leak will see you fired and you’ll never work in this sector again. Any deliberate leak and you’ll be in HMP Parkhurst so fast, you’ll have a nose bleed. And that’s before we tear your life apart to find out why you have betrayed your country.”

2 Likes

Because he’s a Tory ?

Interestingly, when she resigned and it was thought it would help end Truss, the BBC correspondent made the point that it was a minor breach and unusual that she should resign. This obviously suited them to bring on the end of Truss.
Now that she is reappointed this security breach is seen is extremely serious.
Cannot help but wonder what the BBC actually believes…

2 Likes

Max Robespierre

Former Tory Party Chair Jake Berry appeared on the Piers Morgan show where he dropped a bit of a bombshell regarding Suella Braverman. The current Home Secretary who had been fired by Liz Truss for a breach of the ministerial code, had actually breached it on a number of occasions. This could be extremely embarrassing for Rishi Sunak, but who is pushing this narrative?

basically, what the Govt tells them to believe…

1 Like

Brilliant !

ha haha