Rishi Sunak

To me, this looks like a rather good idea

Not sure how the beleaguered and reduced police force are going to manage but here’s hoping.

2 Likes

Think it is all smoke and mirrors @Susannah

Bit of red meat for the Sunday papers, that will slowly disappear into the ether

2 Likes

And who is going to administer this new scheme?
The overworked and underfunded probation office?

1 Like

Probably. Sad testament of the times, more stick than carrot.

I am wishing they would bring back the old youth clubs, boxing, swimming pools et al, to give young people positive things to do and safe places to be.

1 Like

Encouraging boys or girls of any age to bash the hell out of other peoples’ brains is not an intelligent or safe way to to carry on in my opinion. The latest craze in other sports to test players’ brains for simply falling over and getting a bit dizzy may be a step too far, but the comparison with that and not a mention of boxing is bizarre.

I was not looking forward to my college before I went after I found out that boxing was taught ‘as a means of self defence’. I was more than pleased to discover when I got there that they had discarded that in favour of judo. :grinning:

Yes, it’s a load of nonsense. Hard to believe any half-serious news operation would have fallen for it.

Or even Sky.

Can’t eradicate the racists, sexists and homophobes from the Met, but we’ll get vandals cleaning up graffiti within 2 days?

1 Like

Couldn’t resist posting this. PM must decide soon…

Just then there was the sound of a front door being kicked in. Moments later a sweaty Raab forced his way into the prime minister’s office. He stood in front of Sunak’s desk, his mouth opening and closing without saying anything.

He then ripped off his jacket and shirt to expose his glistening pecs. He dropped into 100 one-arm press-ups before punching a hole in the wall. Only then could he bring himself to speak.

“Who the fucking fuck is calling me a bully?” said Psycho.

4 Likes

John Crace is always one of my first go-to reads.
:joy:

My first ever John Crace read…must read more!

I don’t really enjoy his fantasy pieces. For me he is better mocking what he has witnessed, usually in the House.

Granted he hasn’t witnessed the Raab report but isn’t his fantasy based on what he hears what 24 civil servants, and others, have said?

Good heavens…he has resigned…

1 Like

Good news.

Maybe something is changing.

Add: But Raab’s attitude is very disappointing (“It’s not me, it’s you, but my word is my bond”).

1 Like

Hahahahaha

Raab says inquiry into his behaviour has set a dangerous precedent.

I find the wording very interesting. What an arse.

3 Likes

Sounds like the expectation will be that ministers will have to be good at managing their staff, rather than intimidating them.

Dangerous precedent for someone like Raab, perhaps.

3 Likes

Given the Tories are unlikely to be in power after the next election that’s Raab’s political career over.

1 Like

We were in the car this morning meandering through the sunny Luberon mountains listening to James O’Brian tearing strips off Raab’s resignation letter line by line.

The “I’m sorry you feel that way” non apology. No sense of wrong. O’Brian was having a field day.

He burst into uproarious laughter after reading: “‘I believe it is important to keep my word’… says a man who lied about the judicial system, court backlogs and of course lawyers in general.”

“Good God we’ve fallen so far”, James said

3 Likes
1 Like