Royal Wedding - It's all over and everyone had a fabulous time

As I guessed already.

There are many, many people who do not agree with you Harry… such is life… we are all different.

Personally, I wish anyone getting married… a long and happy life together… :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you’re going to make statements such as ‘anti royalists are on the rise and percentages have risen greatly over the past few years’ could you back this up with some evidence please.

I have to admit that tears rolled down my cheeks as I watched the events unfold, from when the brothers arrived at the Chapel right through to when Harry and Meghan kissed on the steps outside. It’s seldom I am so moved, I’m always take by surprise. It was a wonderful event, full of promise, and I hope the promises will be fulfilled in every possible way.

3 Likes

Adding to my reply to Stella, the event and particularly the symbolism of that young couple and what they shared so widely has given me cause to reflect on my negative view on monarchy. I can see more clearly that, despite some of the social perversions that follow on the class system that monarchy entrains, there is a social contract between the monarch and her people tthat has a significance I have overlooked, but which this event has revealed to me, through my tears.

2 Likes

I wish them the same but I don’t have strong feelings either way. I don’t begrudge them their wedding but I’m not that interested in two people I don’t know. The blanket coverage by the media has struck me as way over the top. I haven’t watched any of it apart from these few seconds… :laughing::laughing:

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/did-harry-tell-meghan-im-shtting-it-at-the-altar_uk_5b001603e4b0a046186c009c?xck&utm_hp_ref=uk-homepage

1 Like

well based on pure data its impossible. yes so he went to war for the country, lets look at the rest of them shall we. sorry but I cannot stand the royal family its MY personal opinion and shared by a great many people. discussed in the pub last night there were lots of oh im sure it will be a great wedding bt it does not change opinions over night.

I have nothing against the royals and dianna was a game changer, she got me liking them. alas she was killed be it an accident or not, with her died allot of peoples liking of the royals and yes the wedding zill surely increase the popularity but that will die off soon enough.

While im sure the old hard hats will keep on loving them and the royals will continue reinding us what one prince has done for our country that millions of other young men have done before him.

1 Like

alas its not what he said, but they did get it right. hes the only one they all love

i wish them a happy life too. my wishes do not extended to the rest of them though. William and harry and their wives are fighting abattle while rest of the royals do nothing.

my entire family cannot stand the royals and given the conversation in our local lst night nor can a great deal of others.

1 Like

What did he say then?

Harry, I don’t have a problem with people expressing an opinion as that’s their right and there is an indifference to today’s wedding by the majority of the UK public BUT the popularity of the royals shows no sign of diminishing, that is a fact.

1 Like

Unlike the paternal side of her family, Meghan’s mother has been so dignified. She looked beautiful today.

Do you mean their popularity in the press,right wing or other, shows no sign of diminishing?

There are constant opinion polls on the popularity of the monarchy conducted by independent organisations and none show a huge swing towards republicanism.

Decided to check this out to make sure you are right… and you are, well according to YouGov.

Not sure what the trend is though.

the video you linked has an update

Oh shame. I preferred the original theory. :grin:

me too…

HRH Prince Harry - a brief reminder:

1. Volunteered for 2 tours of Afghanistan.
  2. Set up Invictus games helping wounded service personal.
  3. Numerous unpaid charity volunteer appointments all over the world.
  4. Family brings in 400 million a year in private revenue that under the “ sovereign act 2011” the government keeps £360 million of it.
  5. Family brings in £1.8 billion per year in tourism - estimated.
  6. Country better off by £2.1 billion a year - at least

Hummmmmm - what did YOU do?

Remind me how the wedding is waste of tax payers money ?

The wedding is paid for by the Royal heritage and private funding not the tax payer and that includes her dress!

The tax payer will pay for the public security not private security. The same way the tax payer pays for public security at football matches etc even if they don’t attend.

Don’t believe everything you see and read on the Internet, do a little research before sharing propaganda. Like it or not, the Royal family is a British tradition and icon - respected and admired around the world. :uk: :uk: :uk: :uk: :uk: :uk:

(source : copied from Facebook / Chris Ruscoe and edited ‘appropriately’ for SF!)

3 Likes