Royal Wedding - It's all over and everyone had a fabulous time

I’ve heard they speak highly of you.

facebook is a great source of real info.

sorry but the royals in general are a waste. Yes hes served. my uncle served and died for this country, my cousin was badly wounded, my grandad lost an arm, to nale a few ailments, i tried but failed to join as I was badly injurred as a teanager and was deemed unfit for duty and as I come from a long line of service men and women. One of my grandfathers was part of the polish army that joined wirh britain during the war.

Yes he has done loads but the rest of them for the most part are a waste of space.

respected maybe but far from respected by everyone.

please do find the real source of these figures as up to now no one has been able to prove these mythical figures.

and the public security cost around 31 million med police all year football last year cost 6.7 million for all of it. hard to compâre the 2 is it.

I do not follow this reply???

Ok Harry point taken - I’m a royalist and you’re not so we’re unlikely to find any middle ground. I’ve absolutely loved Harry & Megans wedding today - I was really moved and inspired by the whole thing - on many levels. Nothing will take that away from me :slight_smile:

On a personal note I hope things are going as we as can be expected with your Dad - bon courage.

1 Like

facebook is a great source of real info. (sic)

Nuff sed.

yes was pointing out the post higher up with the figures was sourced from facebook.

yes he had a good day today he was doing voice overs for the royal wedding :smile: his version was better.

not bad for a bloke with only a couple of weeks left to live. good to see him doing so well while im here.

I loved dianna for sure but after what that family did to her and how they treated her my views changed.

Yes the wedding was lovely. Just as lovely as any other wedding ive ever seen. this one just cost more. Pity all that private funding cannot be done to aid people in need instead of a lavish affair.

Many of the negative comments about the royals have the same theme - the cost. Do people really believe that an elected head of state will have no security and live in their own one bedroomed flat in the East End and travel to work/functions on the tube? Just look at how much France pays every year to former presidents AND prime ministers let alone the annual budget for the current one which is over 100 million euros.

When the UK royals cease to provide the function they are expected to perform from birth they will be replaced, but it won’t be in my lifetime.

One final thought, for all those who clamour for a republic just pause for a minute and think how much a hated President such as Trump is costing the US taxpayer in security alone.

2 Likes

This looks delicious… and such a change from the traditional rich fruit cake…

and I loved the E-type… glorious car… and that one is Electric … excellent
(… mmm… wonder if I can persuade BIL to go that route with one of his…:thinking:)

1 Like

I know the Royal Wedding did not please everyone… but it did give a great deal of pleasure to thousands…

The difference is , a president is elected and can be voted out of office. Born into the job? When everybody else is told there is no such thing as a job for life.None of the family has to do the “job” they can walk away but won’t.

The Royal Wedding has finished in grand style, to the enjoyment of folk all over the world.

@Flocreen why don’t you start a New Thread…if you wish to discuss the rights and wrongs of Monarchy etc ???

1 Like

Ummmmm
The Mirror seem to have it wrong somewhat as the caption to one of the photos in your post stella…

The couple are now the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge (Image: AFP)

Not sure how his bruv will feel about that :rofl:

Most unlike the Mirror to get things wrong…

Ha Ha Graham… that is wonderful… make a typing error and see how many folk notice… if nothing else, it will show how many folk do actually follow their stuff…
:hugs:

I thought it was modern moving and quite magical…I especially liked Bishop Michael Curry’s passionate address and loved the gospel choir…x :slight_smile:

2 Likes

A couple of things Florian -

I was just pointing out the cost of a ‘presidency’ not comparing the validity with the royals.

Even if William or Harry had ‘walked away’ they would have to have 24/7 security for the rest of their lives, would anyone want that?

2 Likes
1 Like