Ryan Air after Brexit

The budget airlines are brilliant. Who needs frills for a flight lasting less than two hours?
This summer my daughter was able to come out for long weekends, catching a flight out on Thursday evenings after work and returning on a 22.00 flight on the Sunday evening. The flights were usually cheaper than the cost of getting to and from the U.K. airport on public transport.

3 Likes

That’s the attitude, every cloud…

And why not, we all own our own destiny.

Frills, no, but:

Not being charged for “extras” which are really not luxuries but essentials…

Having enough room to get my knees between the seats (OK I’m 187cm but I’m looking at you Transavia)…

I can understand the legroom issue, I have that problem on busses (both of my sons are taller than you and they manage) but what ‘extras’ are essential?

It’s not often that being only 5ft tall is a positive but in this case it works in my favour :wink:

Luggage?
Boarding passes if you forget to print them at home?

My friends who’ve visited this year have brought huge bags as ‘hand luggage’. Boarding passes are not a real issue, you can either print them out or keep an electronic copy on a smartphone. When my son came to stay in late June his Ryanair flight was £24 for the outbound and €6 for the return. It’s really hard to find too much to moan about at those prices.

Well, fair enough - but you have to agree they have a reputation for charging for things at the drop of a hat.

An “ordinary” traveller is allowed : Hand Luggage the size of one small handbag 35cm x 20cm x 20cm FREE… yippee

anything else you have to pay for…

used to be allowed a cabin bag FREE which went overhead… but that is long gone…

Last October I paid 62€ return fare to fly from Carcassonne to Stansted. I took hand luggage only and that price included priority boarding so that I wasn’t involved in the bun fight of ordinary boarding. It’s only 2 hours so all I need is my seat.

1 Like

It depends on what you want . I don’t have a convenient from both ends local airport, and I have tried various options for my travel. This time it was coach then train. Fly Be Manchester Lyon is pretty good especially with hand luggage only and you can get some decent offers but I have no problem with budget airlines in fact I love them. There is only one company that has ever lost my case and that was British Airways!

1 Like

IKEA?

Porte Suisse Normande, Périphérique de Caen N814, Fleury-sur-Orne.

Meatballs, frites… :fries::custard::wine_glass::sweden:

I usually get the overnight ferry so, tempting though Breakfast at Ikea might be, it is not usually open as I drive past at about 7:30.

I’m a regular Ryanair user to get to and from the UK and will continue to use them provided their prices stay low, however I would not use them as part of a holiday.

Limoges has gone up in the world. Used to be a shed, which was replaced by the tent while they built the shiny new terminal. Just flown in today (Ryanair), ,our “local”, 90 mins away.

1 Like

Where have you been ??? :thinking:

To see my little bro in Papworth hospital. He needed open heart surgery to remove clots from his lungs, and further complications…On the mend now I hope, at least he was smiling, quite surprising considering 3 general anaesthetics in 5 days, first was 11 hours of surgery …

NHS there are doing a fantastic job

3 Likes

Not long gone, very recently gone. Perhaps I need to agree with Paul re some extras.

Things change so quickly, easy to get caught out… and Ryan Air know how to charge if you arrive at the airport and your bags do not comply.

I’ve scrutinized my boarding pass and am checking my various handbags to find one within the accepted measurements… I’m a woman and a handbag is essential… :wink::open_mouth::roll_eyes::relaxed: