Same crime as '44, just a different perpetrator

“Netanyahu’s office issued a statement which also said he had told Cameron and Baerbock that Israel rejected claims by international organisations that there was starvation in Gaza”

1 Like

Auschwitz 2.0?

3 Likes

Yes, and the World stands by and watches. That picture really gives me deep pain as I can see my daughter at that age in my mind’s eye. I am ashamed of the way we Europeans are allowing this genocide to happen, and the murders on the West Bank. At least in the thirties and forties it was only rumours of what was going on, now we see it in real time, every day and we still do nothing.

5 Likes

What do you suggest?

1 Like

Quite. Sanctions won’t work, and nobody in the Western World would ever consider invading Israel or threatening it with military action. Netanyahu knows he is free to do pretty much as he wishes.

1 Like

And he’s just told Cameron to fuck off

3 Likes

Yes, agree, what sanctions are we the so called Western democracies & defenders of humanity imposing on Israel, none that I know of. We are represented in our name and previous voting, supporting by supplying arms ( for defense) and building materials for building new accommodation for (Jewish)settlers in Eastern Jerusalem, whilst displacing the native population into oblivion.
Are our views represented by those in power? Sadly, I think not when genocide and global politics / governance of regions of influence are concerned.
If Western powers cut off the military and financial aid, or threaten to and started to cut back things would be very different.
If we go back to the 30’s there would be a brigade Internationale to fight against this genocide, those Nazi’s and sympathizers in the 40’s and sadly to today, will be thinking they were right in a final solution. But that’s humanity and always will be.
Israel have carte blanche and they know it. When are we all going to get tired of anything Israel does and criticise being treated as antisemitism?
How do we vote when every political party supports this defense / genoncide?

5 Likes

Yep, Israel would turn to Russia and China for aid - which I’m sure would arrive rapidly, albeit with strings attached. It seems extremely unlikely that there would be any sense of loyalty towards the west from Israel, rather relief at throwing off the shackles of a conflicted and ambiguous set of allies.

2 Likes

In the forth
coming GE, reject candidates who are pro Israel or who are at all ambiguous on the issue. I know the GE could be several months off but if that debate became widespread in the lead up, it would focus minds.

2 Likes

There are many things that can be done Tim.

1 Do not provide ANY more military aid.
2 Ban all goods from the occupied territories (and potentially the whole of the Country).
3 Ban travel to the EU by Israeli passport holders, including those with dual US citizenship.
4 All of the EU states to recognise the Palestine state, as Ireland, Spain and others will soon.
5 Ban El Al from EU airspace.
6 Expel every Israeli ambassador in EU countries.
7 Cut off the Israeli banking system - destroy their economy.
8 Convene Nuremberg 2.0 and charge Netanyahu, Gallant, Ben-Givr, Smotrich et al with genocide and war crimes. Just charging them would cause an impact.

I rattled that list off without even pausing to think… These Israeli thugs are murdering children, at least 13,000 so far. Plus around 6,000 mothers murdered causing 19,000 orphans. They’ve murdered 200 aid workers, 100 journalists and an unknown number of medical staff. They have destroyed hospitals and shown no evidence it was proportionate. They are starving people. They bombed the Iranian Embassy in order to escalate the war, and goodness knows what they will do now. And the World stands by :roll_eyes:

Israel is out of control and IMO those leading it have no more humanity than the Nazi regime had.

On a personal level I’m supporting https://www.btselem.org and the Ireland-Palestine Solidarity Campaign. I marched in Dublin earlier in the year and I’ll march again on Saturday week (if there is one on) on our way back through Dublin to France. Plus, I email Irish politicians (because I think that’s where the best leverage is) and I try and keep this forum informed without pissing people off. Not much I know, but something and if everybody did that then maybe more EU leaders would stop supporting a genocide and start opposing it.

I should add that I also now get free daily updates from an Israeli newspaper, https://www.haaretz.com which I find balanced and gives me some little insight as to how reasonable Israelis are viewing this whole disaster.

9 Likes

So to stop the innocent dying in Gaza the state of Israel should basically be dismantled leaving millions to what starve, die?

Absolutely absurd.

What the hell are you on about Tim? How would you stop the genocide?

Edit: In the interest of openness, I have to say I’m pretty pissed off with your ill thought out response on such a serious matter.

7 Likes

Not absurd at all.
This whole situation has deteriorated because of the actions of the extreme right wing Israeli government.
They were warned that they were going to be attacked and ignored the warnings.
Netanyahu will do anything to stay in power in order not to face legal proceedings.
Nobody is denying the appalling actions of Hammas and the Ayatollahs, but if you are a democracy and want to be accepted as part of Western democratic states, you need to accept the rule of law, which Israel has consistently denied.
Israeli settlers are attacking Palestinian villages with the tacit support of the Israeli army.
How would you feel if your house was attacked by your French neighbours and the police stood by ?

4 Likes

What do you think the effects will be on the innocent Israeli population if the country is effectively cut-off from the rest of the world?

You can’t seem to separate the people of Israel with the Israeli government, the average Israeli doesn’t want bloodshed and they hate Netanyahu but they are powerless just like the average Palestinian under the control of Hamas.

Iran backed Hamas wants the destruction of Israel, the crazy Netanyahu government wants to destroy Gaza, neither will consider the ‘two state solution’ so we have this awful stalemate where 0000’s of civilians suffer and die.

Somehow Israel has to be persuaded to end the occupation of Gaza but until the rest of the hostages are released I just can’t see this happening anytime soon.

Bollocks, if you don’t mind me saying so. Perhaps you should check out the survey results. The “war” is supported by the majority of Israelis, and, sadly, most Jewish lobby groups as far as I can see.

Netanyahu has “backed” Hamas for over ten years…

https://www.timesofisrael.com/for-years-netanyahu-propped-up-hamas-now-its-blown-up-in-our-faces/

None of the Israeli right wing ministers give a damn about the hostages, nor do the settlers. They have far bigger fish to fry. This is about getting all the land that God gave them back. They will stop at nothing.

1 Like

Religion has a major role in all this. If you believe that God has ordained that you and your fellows ,and nobody else, have the inalienable right to live in a particular place on earth, that your beliefs are the only right ones and everybody else on the surface of he globe has got it wrong, bingo. Zero tolerance is the order of the day.

Many western politicians have a hang up about the Holocaust. Even if their country fought against the Nazis and their citizens laid down their lives in the fight against evil. There is no reason for the governments of countries like the US and the UK not to speak out against what is happening in Gaza.

3 Likes

100% right Gus :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

The hostages are just an excuse. If the Netanyahu administration actually cared about them it wouldn’t have been possible for the IDF deliberately to kill several of them.

4 Likes