Same crime as '44, just a different perpetrator

Seen them lately? There is no god.

1 Like

Too right, doesn’t stop lunatics of all flavours from causing mayhem though :frowning:

Good news…

Meanwhile…

Not good…

EU foreign policy chief warns ‘we are on the edge’ of ‘a regional war in the Middle East’

According to a report by the Associated Press (AP), the EU foreign policy chief, Josep Borrell, said the existing EU sanctions regime on Iran would be strengthened and expanded to punish Tehran for its attack and help prevent future ones on Israel. At the same time, he said, Israel needed to exercise restraint.

“I don’t want to exaggerate but we are on the edge of a war, a regional war in the Middle East, which will be sending shock waves to the rest of the world, and in particular to Europe,” he warned. “So stop it.”

On Wednesday, EU leaders meeting in Brussels vowed to ramp up sanctions on Iran to target its drone and missile deliveries to proxies in Gaza, Yemenand Lebanon.

I think Putin is the least of our considerable problems…

Well Israel seems not to be able to separate Hammas from innocent people in Gaza - pot, kettle.

It is quite clear that Netanyahu et al should be charged with war crimes.

Not that it will happen, of course.

3 Likes

Exactly the same sanctions should be imposed on Israel as are being imposed on Iran. The double standard is outrageous.

5 Likes

Yes.
It has to hurt, to work.

The problem is that ‘the free world’ has lost the leadership of America, and America has a massive and powerful Jewish lobby that confuses any act to stop Israel performing genocide and expropriation of territory that is not theirs, with being anti-Jewish.

I think it is time to end Israel. Let individuals that want to leave be welcomed and aided by other countries to settle, but basically cut off all support, trade and movment of goods and people to or from Israel from a deadline date given to them.

I’d actually go further in eliminating Israel, but there are geopolitical implcations that might mean everyone is far worse off if there is not some occupation there that is not under the influence of certain other states.

3 Likes

Are you Jewish, Tim17? If you were a Jewish person living in England, would you support Israel voluntarily?

Some bonkers comments from the SF branch of the ‘free Palestine’ brigade.

How can there be a fair ‘two sided’ debate when people actually believe that the only solution now is to displace 7 million Jews and tell them ‘sorry your country doesn’t exist anymore, goodbye and good riddance’?

1 Like

I think we should be at the crossroads.If the zionists want a Jewish apartheid state then they must be forced, and I mean forced, into a two state solution. Otherwise the Balfour Isreal experiment should be scrapped in favour of a multi religion, multiethnic Palestinian state.

You are writing bullshit Tim. The only people being displaced and murdered are Palestinians.

You are throwing out comments without any backup, explanation or logic. Put your cards on the table.

What’s wrong with Free Palestine? Don’t you like Free France, or Free Britain? Incredible

As to your 2nd paragraph, the solution you decry is exactly the one the Zionists started in 1948 when they threw Palestinians off their land. Even worse they are still doing it, daily, in the West Bank. And they know it’s wrong because they say the IDF is instructed to stop any aggressive actions by settlers. Why would they say that if they thought it was right? But they stand by, or even assist, the outrage.

1 Like

Try reading what others have written John -

What are YOU talking about Tim? Stop the crap and man up…

Man up to what exactly?

Trying to put right what happened in 1948 by dismantling the state of Israel and displacing millions of Jews is beyond crazy.

I would appreciate a moderation of your language towards me please, it’s unnecessary.

2 Likes

I’ve put my cards firmly on the table Tim, for better or worse. I’m happy to defend my position, for better or worse. But you attack others positions without stating your own, you called my position “absurd”.

So, come onTim, “man up” and let’s hear your position and supporting arguments, not just one liners.

BTW, it’s 23:30 here, so I may have to get back to you tomorrow.

My views on the current situation in Gaza are not much different to everyone else. I am appalled by the continuing slaughter of innocent civilians and believe that Western governments should have been pushing for an unconditional ceasefire a long time ago, had they done that then perhaps Netanyahu wouldn’t have felt as emboldened as he does now and many lives would have been saved.

At the same time I am a realist and what’s playing out now has happened many times before with perhaps the only difference being other nations are more closely involved in this Israeli conflict with the Palestinians in Gaza.

I guess where I see things differently from the vocal majority is in the solution which I think should be two stage -

A permanent ceasefire and withdrawal of Israeli troops from Gaza followed by diplomatic efforts to re-visit the possibility of two separate states universally recognised and accepted by the rest of the world.

How we persuade the Israeli government to accept stage one will be hard enough but leaping from the current situation to the dismantling of Israel as the permanent only solution is frankly absurd and pure fantasy as no major Western government will ever countenance that.

2 Likes

It’s not about 1948 Tim17. There has been massive support for Israel including me all my adult life. It’s about what the people in charge there are doing now.

If America would help then we could reasonably have some hope of getting what you want Tim and it’s a solution I’d have wanted. But America isn’t helping and now Israel has disgusted the world.

I don’t see much point in discrediting someone else’s idea unless you have a good suggestion.