Selling a UK car

I certainly wouldn’t jib at buying a RHD car on FR plates in FR. As a seller, tho’ you’re stuck with the -2/3 factor. I’d re-import it to GB, re-reg to GB - not expensive, not difficult - and sell it as a GB car.

1 Like

How much are you looking at for it? What colour? How old? Deisel / petrol? Km/miles?

Thanks!

Hi, I’m just sending you a PM, regards T

Second hand cars in the UK have increased in value the last few months so it may be worth taking back and selling. A friend in the trade says they can’t buy anything decent at auction for a fair price at the moment.

Hi Peter, if you would like to ask them to make us an offer??? :smile:

That’s because across the board motors are not shifting - long delays for new vehicles because of the global silicon shortage and with the end of furlough looming people are watching the pennies like never before - slow new trade means no 2nd hand supply. I’ll bet demand for used is down a good bit as well, just not quite as much as supply.

I seem to have come across an ex-demonstrator right hand drive French submarine, originally intended for Australia but the customer changed their minds and no longer wanted a diesel. Registration is AUKUS.

It was due to cost approx £10 billion.
Would the two-thirds rule on value still apply?

2 Likes

It’s in French!

Here: Cote auto, cote moto, argus gratuit, cote gratuite, argus occasion

Could you give me details please.

Hi, Did you get my PM OK?? regards T

1 Like

Put the details of the car up, you never know you might find a buyer on here.

Many thanks, I was planning to do that once I’ve worked out a fair price. I’ve been a bit taken aback at the interest as I was only asking for info!!

regards T

1 Like

I did thank you! Will wait and see what you want for it before I show it to the OH! And there were others that asked before me too :innocent:

Many thanks - I’ve only just worked out how to use the PM’d (thanks Stella!) & I’ve been taken a bit by surprise by the response as I was only asking for info . I’ll try & sort a price out soon.
regards T

what car do you have.

As a matter of interest, did you manage to finally sell the car. If so, I’d be interested to know how the price compared to UK and/or the French market price for lhd as may also be considering my rhd car, but still in investigation mode right now😁

Sorry I’ve not replied before. Decided to keep it, at least for a while.
regards

Ah ok, thanks for the response. Does that mean you didn’t get any further with price research?

Does anyone have any real world examples of price differences between French market value LHD and RHD? Would be very interested to get any reference points😁

I think we just gave up! Ithink the only way to do this is to write lots of figures on bits of paper, put them in a hat, put a blindfold on & choose a piece of paper.

Voila! You have the price of your car!

Seriously though if ever we decide to sell I’ll contact you first.
kind regards

2 Likes