SFN Lunch in Bordeaux

Thank you so much Nola for the venue suggestion - what a great setting and we were all impressed with the food and service. Thanks again!

It was lovely to meet you all - roll on the next one! And in the meantime, should anyone be passing downtown Dax, do drop in for a cup of tea! Or something stronger :)

No photos?? :-(

Concur Guy...smashing to meet yourself and Judith, Imre, Catherine and James...and whilst we didnt have the chance to chat to Neil et al...did converse with Brian and wife....and it was so lovely to put faces to comments...! great day everyone..thankyou for your company and look forward to similar events in the future... long live SFN!

It was a wonderful lunch - meeting interesting people, and finally face-to-face with Catherine and James, of course. Judith and I enjoyed the meet very much. Thanks for organising, C&J.

Did you all have a lovely time?

In case of any problem my mobile number is 0628371776

Table booked for 14 people for 12.30. See you all there!

Just wondering: how many of us will there be?

Sorry just read Nola's comment about parking, thanks.

Just went to book train tickets, 47€ return each! It's only 1hr 15m away. We will be driving instead, where shall we park?

Useful - thanks David.

Yes and if any of you have some time to spare visit the Jardin Botanique which is behind the resto. The glasshouses made entirely of glass and using glass as the structural material for pillars beams etc makes the trip worthwhile on their own. Il vaut le détour as Michelin would say.

Parking is easy and on site.

12.30 for us. How is the parking?

we dont mind what time...

Hi Marianne - it is on ligne A - closest stop is Stalingrad - walk to the river and along the quais - direction Jardin Botanique rather than towards the Caserne des Pompiers - Blue Lion side of Stalingrad.

What a shame I can't come! First day of the Brevet..... But very glad you liked my suggestion and hope you all have a lovely lunch.

I would definitely second vetoing Ikea at the moment - it was mayhem there last week and I put what I wanted back on the shelf as I couldn't find anything else I needed and wasn't going to queue for half an hour for a pot plant. Even the dining area was oppressive - a few tables squidged very closely together with a view over what is currently work in progress. And yes, first day of sales will make Bx Lac hellish to park.

Diesel was cheap there though last week - best price in town.