Should she be allowed back?

Her best chance is to say that after giving birth then she would consider changing her gender because she did not want to be a women in the first place and that she was very confused about it and that she did not know what she was doing when she went to Syria.
They will be queing up to help her get back to the UK.

1 Like

The same people condemning a 15 year old girl for going to Syria would wax eloquently about grooming in Rochdale and Rotheram.
What i would say is whatever you think of her shes carrying an innocent baby who is also a British citizen.

2 Likes

Dont be distracted by this story.

1 Like

Distracted from what? - our pigshite government’s attempts to wreck the country?

1 Like

Absolutely - interesting that this appears as the government is about to be defeated once more.

1 Like

My anger over all of this is undiminished but my desire and ability to care is running thin.

In Scotland children can register to vote at 14 and actually vote at 16 but when a group of 15 year olds from London leave the country to become IS brides they’re too young to know what they’re doing.

She shouldn’t be allowed back (IMO) but the law says the UK has no right to block her re-entry, glad I don’t make these sorts of decisions.

1 Like

There is a movement to give the vote to sixteen year olds.
Would she have acted any differently a year later, I doubt it.
It appears that she is too far advanced into her pregnancy to give birth in UK.
There is medical care in these camps and her baby won’t starve there.
As to the question of British citizenship, people convicted of terrorism offences have had this right removed.

Replying to @tim17 as well - not even remotely the same.

Probably not - radicalisation and indoctrination techniques are very powerful (and work on adults as well, though maybe a little less effectively).

Yes, I have made all of these points above.

Not yet it isnt. if born in syria then it will be syrian. Yes the baby is innocent and no the same statements i would make about those grooming innocent girls in Rochdale and Rotherham. Only i would not excercise contraint about the language I woulduse.

Scumbags or even worse is more than suitable for her and her compariates. At the end of the day she is a terrorist no matter what age or gender. I expect a large portion of common sense from a 15 year old. She was clever enough to plan the passage out there via various routes so i think she can plan her return as well.
If that was my Daughter she would have been disowned the moment she broke off all contact, Carma is a real bitch. If her parents care so much about her, then why dont they go out there and bring her back?? Why, because she has shamed her family to the core within their community. I have nothing to say on this matter.

Nice to see the spirit of tolerance and understanding alive and well on SF.

Your reaction, I am sure, is shared widely but hatred of “other” is how we have got into an awful lot of messes historically speaking - and isn’t any better than those you denigrate.

Out of interest how do you feel about the girls who were groomed in Rotherham - were they gifted with the common sense to avoid it?

Direct your anger, by all means, to the perpetrators in Rotherham or the perpetrators in IS but recognise that Ms Begum was, in part, a victim in all of this.

5 Likes

Like I guess many others I would have some sympathy with this woman IF she had said something like - ‘I was young at the time and manipulated by others’, instead she has shown no remorse for what she involved herself in and to quote her own words ‘seeing the cut off heads in baskets didn’t faze me’. I doubt sees herself as a ‘victim’ so why should we treat her as such.

All well and said from someone who tries to put us all right on all things but will not show his face to us.

So the groomed and brainwashed British white girls in Rotherham are “innocent” whereas the groomed and brainwashed British brown girls from Bethnal Green are “terrorists”.

Nice!!!

6 Likes

Not everyone was blessed with good looks like us Mick :innocent:

1 Like

To be fair this is pretty much how I feel about her at present - she’s really  not helping her own cause. As I said above I think the government position of “sorry we’re not putting anyone at risk to come and get you” is appropriate.

Ah, I assume that, as you have resorted to an ad hominem attack you are out of ideas??

I’m not “trying to put you right” on this, or any other matter.

What I am pretty passionate about though is that people don’t just go for the knee-jerk reaction and that issues are thought through - and that there is some recogniton that there is usually more than one side to an argument.

Not that I’m immune to knee-jerk reactions myself.

1 Like

Yes, just keep going round in circles like our politicians and get no were just show me your face so that I can relate to you.

You could be right there David :wink:

1 Like

yes she is a terrorist, she aided and abetted the isis in their evil ways. She also wasnt "fazed " by the death and destruction as she so aptly put it to the cameras. Also I made no mention about colour or creed so why should you. We cannot oversee the FACT, she went there of her own devices, saw the suffering caused and now she is highly pregnant wants to come back to the UK and milk the system. Like i said before Tough Shit !