Should she be allowed back?

At 15… mmm… I felt so grown-up… I thought I knew it all … huh… in reality, I knew nothing… and only by good luck did I go down the right path… :zipper_mouth_face:

5 Likes

Why should the UK have to deal with the young and stupid who chose to leave of their own free will?

1 Like

“At the end of the day she is a terrorist no matter what age or gender. I expect a large portion of common sense from a 15 year old”

Wow - do you have kids? Because our 3 never showed any common sense whatsoever at the age of 15.

I am quite shocked at the type of vitriolic responses we have seen on this post. I think that we are going to have to perhaps review membership criteria - we seem to have been inundated with detritus from other now defunct forums and it’s not cool.

Thoughts anyone?

8 Likes

she is 19 now, and wants to return since the Caliphate is no more.

And …they are generally all people without photos.

I rest my case…!!!

5 Likes

Now that rings a bell - I remember the SF photo membership ‘request’ being discussed on (an)other forum(s) a while back and that prospective new joiners (from those other forums / French Entree?) would simply refuse to provide them…hummmmm :thinking::thinking::thinking:

1 Like

Just tried to look on FE, must have been banned, get a 404-2 message wherever I look :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Bit unfair Cat, this is a news story that was likely to offer up strong opinions regardless of a photo or not, for example a certain long standing outspoken member who hides behind sunglasses referred to this 19 year old as a ‘bint’ on another thread which is pretty insulting.

I think Bint might have arabic meaning.

Bint pl banāt just means girl or daughter in Arabic.
Is it very derogatory when used in English? I imagine it is an expression coined by the army.

I too find the vitriol shocking.
Some people on this forum have zero debating skills and have read no more than tabloid headlines before making a comment.
I know very little about this girl, her childhood, her family, her mental stability, her intelligence, common sense and level of education. Without these details I cannot judge her actions, I can only say that if she returns to the uk she will almost certainly be imprisoned for a while and her child taken away. That’s if she can get to a country from where she can fly to the uk.
Also if I was still in a country like Syria I wouldn’t be criticising anyone until I felt a safe distance away.

3 Likes

Yes, in English it’s usually a derogatory term

There is quite a lot of information available. Have you listened to the interview?
Even in Syria she is better off staying put in a refugee camp until she has her baby, one of the major contributing factors in perinatal mortality back when I was working with Afghan refugees was being forced to travel in adverse conditions (the single major one was of course being bombed/burnt with phosphorus/shot at by Soviet troops ).

2 Likes

Thanks. I have never heard it used in English.

It’s quite “old fashioned”, for want of a better expression

Just to be absolutely clear - my use of the word ‘bint’ was meant to be derogatory. My opinion - I could just have easily chosen to use ‘polo mint’ (cockney rhyming slang) - but I didn’t - if that’s ok… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Jeeeeeezzzz :handbag::handbag::handbag:

3 Likes

:smile: you had an opportunity to appear (even more) like an intellectual, I would have taken it :+1:

1 Like

Just as well you didn’t say polo mint I would have been confused :laughing:

1 Like

Yes. And she sounds remarkably composed for someone about to give birth in a camp. I think without seeing her face its hard to know how the last 4 years have affected her but to lose two young children must be traumatic.

Whilst acknowledging that she was a minor when she left the UK, she nevertheless made a conscious decision to go and equally clearly seems to show no remorse for her actions now. I believe that if you deliberately break the rules, you should expect to have to live with the consequences. Especially so in these troubled times. Compassion, i believe, is not relevant when dealing with those who would try to destroy society.

2 Likes