Should the past be allowed to come back and bite you?

They must have been poor people, I used a 3" solid silver tube…& still do. Not ashamed then, nor now.

Germanic now aren’t they?

Young people with too much money and no common sense.

Yes, so they are. :roll_eyes:

Kudos for admitting you’ve got a cocaine habit, your family must be so proud.:grinning:

4 Likes

I’m in no position to criticise Gove for this - unless he has subsequently while in power spoken or voted on illegal drug use without disclosing his own use.

Hope it doesn’t affect your installations … :dizzy_face:

If it did, he wouldn’t know about it.:grinning:

Wired…

Personally I think he’s awful but I think he’s trying to look cool and win young votes by his admission as most young people dabble in some form of recreational drug use.

‘Most!’ I must live in a bubble.

4 Likes

You and me both, not much evidence of drug use amongst the young where I live. Maybe I should get out more !:wink:

2 Likes

Me too!

1 Like

In answer to the title of this topic - yes!

2 Likes

He is sadly deluded then, isn’t he, the rubberfaced fogey.

2 Likes

Some are more odious than others though. Gove is a sneak, Hunt looks mad and Raab is actually mad. Poor little Rory seems to be the only half decent person amongst them, so he stands no chance.

3 Likes

I suspect somebody was going to out him and he just got his “admission” in first.

He may have written the article when he was out of his head :crazy_face:

Perhaps the most appropriate question is whether the events of the past are relevant to the present day situation.
Should someone with a history of drink driving be allowed to be a bus driver ?
Is it appropriate for a sex offender to be working with children ?
Do previous instances of taking mind altering drugs make it desirable that such a person should be in charge of a nation’s nuclear deterrent ?

1 Like

If he’d have said ‘I took cocaine 20 years when I was a journalist and haven’t touched drugs since’ most people would have just gone ‘so what’, it’s the fact that he won’t shut about it and is ‘so sorry’ that will do for him.

Anyway, lets see how many ‘real’ candidates we have today, my guess is maybe six or seven at best.

2 Likes