Small cheap "reminder" watch for my wrist

remember HAL in the 1968 film 2001…
He wouldn’t let the astronauts forget :wink:

1 Like

I think if you can remember you have a cottage at the bottom of your garden and why you went there, you can surely remember your pills not that I anticipate you are taking your pills for a walk round your space. If that doesn’t work then perhaps you will have to resort to knots in your handkerchief.

No, sorry. My self image is that I am a healthy and fit person who does not need to take any form of medication. So I am busy getting on with the rest of my life and then suddenly remember - usually 12 hours later - that I should have taken my pills.

I am a creature of habit… I eat meals at set times and take my tablets at breakfast and dinner (on rising and 6pm respectively) and that is when the pills are taken (as they are usually required to be taken with food). I also need to have eye drops administered which follow those meals.
I don’t forget them consequently and then get on with what I have to do thereafter.
For me, it’s just a matter of routine which will unlikely change until I fall of my perch :wink:

scoutdubna you’d think so, wouldn’t you?

Sadly not. You can be very intelligent and organised and yet forget things like this. It’s about living your life and not having it dominated by fear, or a pill routine.

Having to take a pill is onerous enough especially when one lives a varied life and there is not the same event every day at the needed time to “attach” taking the pill to. Such as anytime a pill is needed that can’t be “attached” to getting up, or going to bed.

It’s my experience that the more intelligent a person is, the more forgetful they are. I think it’s got a lot to do with them focussing on what is interesting to that person, to the exclusion of most other things.

4 Likes

I forget very little… does that mean I’m less intelligent :thinking: :wink:

1 Like

I doubt it, but if you are be grateful. IMO extreme intelligence is over-rated. Common sense is a MUCH more important (and rare) quality. I lived (briefly) with someone whom the world would consider highly intelligent - and at the time I was dazzled by it - living with someone like that day in day out - forget it!

1 Like

Interesting… I’ve just been watching The Queen’s Gambit which is a story about such a person in the world of chess and a fascinating story inspired by real life events reference
Certainly worth a watch if you have access to NETFLIX…

1 Like

Yes, we thoroughly enjoyed it. Who ever knew chess could be so interesting.

1 Like

final episode tonight… can’t wait :wink:

1 Like

Huh, deleted reply

H jagos, welcome to the forum - tell us a bit about yourself, connection with France and what you might want in a watch.

1 Like

I wouldn’t buy a replica watch. It is better to find a secondhand luxury watch in good condition that will serve you for decades. I know that miojewelry.com has Panerai watches. They are also considered to be luxury, but they are not as expensive as Rolex, for example.
This is my opinion, though. And of course, the choice depends not only on the brand but also on the quality and the sum of money you are ready to spend. But it has to be noted that premium watches might be a good investment as you can always sell them at a good price.

1 Like

How random!

3 Likes

robot?

1 Like

Or a fisherman?

2 Likes

What sort of watch are you looking for, sports, dress, chrono, manuel, auto etc?
From time to time I talk myself into buying a Breitling Navitimer then talk myself out of it.

I’ve not dabbled in the high end of watches - or replicas. I’d suspect that however good the replica is on the outside (and by all accounts some are very good) the movement, tucked out of sight is not likely to be of high quality.

That said - if you want a watch that is going to last you might consider a reasonable quality mechanical watch rather than electronic as (if and when necessary) it might actually be possible to repair it - currently I’m still wearing a Junghans radio controlled - the style is OK (I find most modern gents watches too big) and I like the no-maintenance accuracy but this is the third one and they simply can’t repair the older models.

What budget are we talking about.

Also, have you explored getting your old watch (if mechanical) serviced/repaired?

This is my nearly 7 year old Casio. As can be seen, its had a hard life😬

2 Likes