So, what’s the fascination?

Or “Drop the dead donkey” :rofl:

1 Like

I agree. The UK government must have been ecstatic… Not only does it take the focus away from them (Johnson’s refusal to hand over his phone to Covid enquiry, Sunak unlikely to halve inflation, record waiting times so another pledge Sunak won’t deliver on, high number of small boat crossings, etc…) but it also gives the Beeb a good kicking. I bet the only thing they would have preferred is if it had been a C4 News presenter!

5 Likes

It’s starting….

The guy tweeted this a day or so ago, but has since set his twitter account to private so I assume Mr Vine himself has stepped in posting screenshots to ensure the message gets distributed loud and clear to all. I imagine this will just be the start, still, hopefully like in this case lots of charities will do well from it…

https://twitter.com/theJeremyVine/status/1680527633795149824

1 Like

Definitely drafted for him by a lawyer.
Wonder how much £££ will ultimately be paid and donated

Haha, this is what the guy had posted previously… :grin:

image

I used to work for the firm that’s representing Huw Edwards now (ironically I said on here a few days ago he needed to find the best lawyer he can, so he did :joy:) and still do occasionally so I have to be a little careful obviously, but we used to send the exact text in the letters before anything had even been agreed, a sort of ‘if you like your house and want to keep it, this is what you need to do…’ type thing :rofl:

3 Likes

Crikey, just like buses… you wait ages for a newscaster to be embroiled in a scandal and then 2 happen at once. Seems Dan Wootton from GB News is the latest to have been caught with his pants down, figuratively speaking.

Earlier this week there was this…

And now this…

It’s not fascination so much as good old schadenfreude

:smirk:

Who? No idea

4 Likes

You’re probably better off keeping it that way. He’s not a particularly endearing man.

An absolutely despicable individual whose crimes have been protected and covered up by the Murdoch empire over and over for decades. Probably best having no idea who he is, hopefully he will be going to jail for many years and you’ll see or hear a little information about him alongside the photos of him in the police van… but life rarely works how it should, so maybe not

Blimey, I was with @vero on him, I had no idea. :astonished: :rofl:

Me three :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

I would be surprised if many on SF watch GB news.

3 Likes

We sink lower still in the worlds estimations of Great Britain.

2 Likes

Every country will have its equivalent of GB news - I’m sure it makes no difference to how the UK overall is seen except to those with no understanding.

Is the French equivalent CNews, perhaps?

BFMTV perhaps

It will provide Mogg with a voice when he loses his seat.